New Ramsgate Lifeboat Website

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
44MLB

New Ramsgate Lifeboat Website

Post by 44MLB »

I have launched my Ramsgate Lifeboat website today at http://ramsgatelifeboat.org.uk. I have spent over a year rebuilding it after Adobe stopped developing there software Muse. I decided this time to make it responsive, as I was starting from scratch anyway.

It is always challenging learning how to use a new software but it has gone very smoothly with the kind support I have received from Pablo and many others here on this forum.

I hope that you will enjoy your visit to the website.
alan_sh

Re: New Ramsgate Lifeboat Website

Post by alan_sh »

I had a quick look. I like the site. 2 comments:

1. The Links page has a lot of buttons, none of which seem to do anything.
2. Personally, any time a link goes to an external page, i open it in a new tab (new window). Yours opens in the same window and thus it appears you have "lost" your site. But that is a personal preference.

Cheers

Alan
44MLB

Post by 44MLB »

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your comments.

1. The buttons are to the links which you said you visited.

2. I have taken your suggestion on board and now the links open in a new tab but wow there was a lot of discussion on this on the Internet.

Thanks again,

Clive.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Clive,

I was using an iPad and some of the links didn't 'click' when I touched them. The ones that did are what I based my comments on.

Discussion? I hadn't been looking for that on t'internet, but I am sure there are differences of opinion. Personally, my 'norm' is for external links to open in a new tab and internal ones to be on the main tab.

Alan