My first WYSIWYG website

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
jpurchase

My first WYSIWYG website

Post by jpurchase » Fri May 08, 2015 5:48 pm

This is my first attempt so I welcome any constructive advice - the more detail the better.

http://sitehosting.byethost7.com/flawless/

webworkhorse

Re: My first WYSIWYG website

Post by webworkhorse » Sat May 09, 2015 4:31 am

link doesn't work, and it looks like a link I wouldn't want to click (no offence)...subdomain.domain/page...

numbers in a domain always scare me, too. As if they are scams..."sign into your goog'1'e"

I would pick a much simpler domain. If you just published this site...the only cost to you now is $11 for a better, cleaner domain. If you change domains in 2 years, you will lose everything.

Pick a domain that has keywords you might want to rank at google for...also a domain that is simple and easy to remember.

electrochrisso

Post by electrochrisso » Sat May 09, 2015 1:22 pm

webworkhorse wrote:link doesn't work
Works for me.

Actually I think the site isn't too bad, it would be better if you don't have such a large gap between the departments.

To get your domain up and running have a look at one.com, the first year is free including the domain name.
WYSIWYG THE GREATEST Web Builder EVER

Patr100

Post by Patr100 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:58 pm

jpurchase wrote:This is my first attempt so I welcome any constructive advice - the more detail the better.

http://sitehosting.byethost7.com/flawless/

Aside from the gaps as mentioned, you need to proofread.
Below are somne (sic) commonly asked questions. Click on the arrow to revel (sic) the answers.
A fair first effort, but just needs to be a bit more stylish to stand out. I would look at similar sites or "beauty" site templates for inspiration.

Patr100

Post by Patr100 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 pm

webworkhorse wrote:link doesn't work, and it looks like a link I wouldn't want to click (no offence)...subdomain.domain/page...

numbers in a domain always scare me, too. As if they are scams..."sign into your goog'1'e"

I would pick a much simpler domain. If you just published this site...the only cost to you now is $11 for a better, cleaner domain. If you change domains in 2 years, you will lose everything.

Pick a domain that has keywords you might want to rank at google for...also a domain that is simple and easy to remember.
Presumably it's a free subdomain from here:
https://byethost.com/

The OP will need a proper domain in due course for the site itself but I assume this is just for drafting and playing with the design etc.

mayur007

Post by mayur007 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:38 pm

as for the first time good job
but gap between 2 objects is huge-reduce it and site is heavy reduce page load time
and really good choice in host :D

jpurchase

Post by jpurchase » Sat May 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Thank you for all comments.

The link is indeed my (free) hosting site that I use whilst creating the page. I will move it to the domain when I am happy with it.
I left big gaps between sections intentionally as I only wanted one section showing on even big resolution screens at a time, but after the comments I think I will see what it looks like with the gaps reduced somewhat. Need to proof read it too as well as mentioned.

Thank you again for all your comments :D

webworkhorse

Post by webworkhorse » Sat May 09, 2015 10:40 pm

this is the kind of service you want to target locally, I think.

You address is very well hidden....I'd spam it a little. I dont know where you are.

'Contact' page is a must, unless you only want phone calls (which is good, too).

I would definately go with text on the bottom, and a link to the top...copyright is always good, too. I'm not really sure how google reads

Get address at bottom, help google figure geo stuff.
Link to your home page at the bottom, I think it helps google go through your site.

A one page website is a gamble in a large market, but I think it looks and feels good, feels user freindly. I woulnt change the structure if you only need to own a small niche at google...except a contact page if you want emails.
If you do make a (separate) contact page, make sure you put ... rel="nofollow" ...in the anchor tag.

Google maps and Yelp are king where I am from...again, I can't find where you are located.
If you can convert your review into whatever is strong where you are, you should. Dont know yell or freeindex..but I only work USA so far. Local SEO is all about reviews.

Madimo11

Post by Madimo11 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:34 am

A good one, my question is how did you manage to make it Mobile Friendly view? did you use a template? because whenever I tried to work on the 320 width screen those 7 tabs on top will definitely not fit

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:32 am

@Madimo11 Any answer to your question from the original poster may not be soon as from his profile it reads the following information "Last active: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm"
Also see Pablo's reply to your question at the following about use of jquery tabs.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73291&start=15

Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 pm

BaconFries wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:32 am
@Madimo11 Any answer to your question from the original poster may not be soon as from his profile it reads the following information "Last active: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm"
Also see Pablo's reply to your question at the following about use of jquery tabs.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73291&start=15
Ah, good to point out, I didn't notice the date at all.

Canada_Anton

Post by Canada_Anton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 am

I think that is a pretty amazing website for your first try. I would say that each menu item (home, about, Q&A etc) should have their own page so when a client clicks on the menu at the top they go to a page for one thing. Then you could make the page a bit wider and get everything you need to say in one screen shot without the client needing to scroll down. Very impressive to be honest. I like the design and colours, but, like others have said, the gap between items is too much - that can be remedied by doing one page for each.