Tips please: first newby website

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Kees1958

Tips please: first newby website

Post by Kees1958 »

Don't be polite, be honestly cruel: www.leanselling.nl
filmphotog

Re: Tips please: first newby website

Post by filmphotog »

Hi, it's a great site! :) Perhaps set the layout grids Maximum width in properties. For the smaller 320px mobile it seems to be an object that is too wide (menu or logo?).
Kees1958

Post by Kees1958 »

Thx,

I think I have a problem with the images. When I resize the browser on m desktop they are using the breakpoints (with smaller images), when I use it on phone or tablet, the large images are used (in stead of the smaller images).

I will look into it.
RobertGee

Post by RobertGee »

Hallo Kees,

is het de bedoeling dat de parallax afbeeldingen noet volledig zijn verspreid of heb je dit bewust gedaan?

Groet Robert
IT'S THE DESIGNER THAT CREATES AWESOME WEBSITES AND OTHER FANCY STUFF....NOT THE TOOL THAT THEY USE!
Kees1958

Post by Kees1958 »

Thanks all for helping, Pablo specifically.

Website is updated. I did not get the responsive background image to work with a floating layer using breakpoints. Changing from parallax to cover seemed to solve the problem.

Somewhere below there is an object I can''t touch (Jquery UI Theme), which seems to be the culprit of the white space at the right and bottom.

WebBuilder needs a logical place holder. This makes it easier to copy and re-use groups. Also sorting order (based on Z-order) would be handy. I know Pablo responded that it is possible to group objects, but it is not possible to give them a name.

I used WB10 to prototype websites, get customer apporval and let the developers/DTP create the real website (see for example www.ecorys.nl which is developed in Drupal but prototyped using WB10). WB11 is a step forward in responsive design. WebBuilder 11 in its current form is easy to use, but for maintenance and trouble shooting it has some ground the cover compared wordpress templates or other CMS. Just spend six hours trouble shooting images not resizing

(see viewtopic.php?f=59&t=72709)
Kees1958

Post by Kees1958 »

Well website is finished. Struggled with some strange behavior of responsive options not working when combined.

Lesson learned:

Advice I got from Pablo when trouble shooting responsive elements not working with WebBuilder is: delete them one by one and see what causes the problem.

Use clean options (e.g. when you don't use a border, not only set border with to zero, bu also set border to none). HTML generated seems to work, but in combination with other HTML generated, it may start behaving odd/unexpected. In my example it looked like I had an object outside the breakpoint, but it was just some quirk due to unclean settings.

WebBuilder needs logical placeholders. When you group elements, they don't have a name, so you can't use it in the object manager, neither is it possible to change Z-order or display position (off set). I know Pablo says it alreadu has groups, but you can't manage groups (also options get greyed out when grouping objects).

http://www.leanselling.nl

It took me some time to realize the 3 to 2 to 1 column responsiveness of the awesome icon menu. Also images adopting to screen size. Trouble with forms is that they are not responsive (they are realiy nice to use to shade or highlight tekst on a picture). Also tweaking with padding of headers to simultaneously change from 1 to 2 lines in the awesome icon menu also takes some trial and error to achieve.

Responsiveness works well up to 540 screen width, but that is OK for me. I am dyslectic, so native Dutch speakers when you find grammar errors, please post them.

@Pablo big THX for your help
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Nice work - great start! 8) and yes, Pablo is not only a genius, he incredibly patient and helpful. :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Super! :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@RobertGee English only please see from rule above.