Maxxim Digital Web Design

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
bubblegumweb

Maxxim Digital Web Design

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi all,

I have just updated my website to a clean simple layout, nothing fancy and I have created a mobile version.

All feedback would be appreciated.
http://www.maxximdigital.co.uk

Regards

Gary
Patr100

Re: Maxxim Digital Web Design

Post by Patr100 »

You have various logos for other main web services in your footer but they don't actually link anywhere?
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Thanks for pointing that out, I need to get onto that and rectify.

Regards

Gary
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

They are now linked

Thanks
Biju

Post by Biju »

Apply 'validation' to your contact form fields. Otherwise it will be sent without data.
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Post by alex4orly »

Indeed very clean and easy to use. Two comments

1) Suggest to make the top horizontal menu stick, not disappear when scrolling down the page
2) How is it possible to offer SEO to all clients? If You have say, 5 clients in the same line of business - say they are a bike shop and you optimize all of them, in practice - which of them will be at the top of the list in a Google search?

This maybe a Layman question, so please forgive me

Cheers
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi,
thanks for your post.

I'll look into the floating layer for the menu.

The SEO optimization paragraph on my website simply means all efforts to get a clients website noticed in a Google search result comes within the design aspect of a clients website.
For example: Keyword in title tag - Keyword in description tag - Keyword in H1 tag - Using keywords in the pages - Length of the content - Canonical tags - Image Optimization - Internal links - Keyword in URL - Sitemap - Mobile optimization.
These are just a few techniques I apply in a clients web design to help optimize their website for a good chance of being shown in a Google search results.

Regards

Gary
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Hi Gary,

Thanks for elaborating. I am familiar with all that, my question remains - if you have several businesses in the same industry or type of business, how can you - if at all, make one or another float on the top of the list.

After all, when it comes to SEO, the tools available to us, are all the same. So, how can I promote my web site to get a better spot compared to another designer who knows and uses the same tricks?

I suspect, I know the answer...

Thanks again
Alex
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi Alex,

Sorry for my incomplete answer to your SEO question. I have read my paragraph on SEO again and have come to the conclusion it could be a bit misleading in giving a potential client the idea that their website will be in the first ranking on search results.

I have changed the SEO content slightly on my website to say that the SEO techniques applied to a web design will "HELP" in having their website show in search results.

As to the 5 clients all having the same products and each showing in a search result as number one, this is something as a web designer I can not guarantee as Let's say "Google" factor many things into a web search result placing other than the SEO techniques incorporated in the web design coding.

Please do take another look at my SEO paragraph and see if you feel in your opinion the wording is now appropriate in helping a clients website to be displayed in search results.

Regards

Gary
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Hi Gary,

Looks better.
I was just trying to make a point that we, web designers should be careful as to how do we put things to client , anyway in most cases they understand what they want to believe in

Cheers
Alex
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Your right Alex.

Many thanks for your comments and feedback

Regards

Gary
razorboy

Post by razorboy »

I think the grey fonts on white are much too light. See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016 ... rds-light/
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Many thanks for your reply and the link. I have read the article from the link and agree with the grey fonts maybe being too light. I have changed the font color on my website and hopefully all is well readable now.

Regards

Gaz