New responsive site Baseball caps

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Bazza2

New responsive site Baseball caps

Post by Bazza2 »

Default page and break point for 768PX

Any comments or technical stuff appreciated.

http://dev.baseballcap.net.au/

Bazza
pajadt

Re: New responsive site Baseball caps

Post by pajadt »

Hi Bazza
To hard way is as you do.
Nice web, but same web you can build faster with grid, and faster have breakpoint
Last edited by pajadt on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexmasss

Post by alexmasss »

I am checking from smartphone but it does not respond. Checked with 2 browsers. It does not adapt to the screen.
Bazza2

Post by Bazza2 »

Thanks for the input.
Yes it did take some time to align things. But coming up another WYSIWYG this WB11 is fantastic to me and it felt quick to do.
I will read up on grids.

Alex, not sure what you mean. My breakpoint is set at 768px so I would not expect it to adapt to a smart phone.
Being new to this am I missing something where it should
alexmasss

Post by alexmasss »

Even if you set it at 768 when I rotate the smartphone to horizontal position the black container from the header does not change the size and About us and Contacts does not fit inside the container, they simply get out. Give it a check.
Bazza2

Post by Bazza2 »

Thanks.
Tried it on my I phone.
I see what you mean.
Actually the black layer is being dragged all the way over where the rest of the site is maintaining its correct position the way it is built in the
768 breakpoint.
So the problem is in the layer It should remain in sync with the rest of the page but it is moving left with the smaller screen of the Iphone..

My understanding is if I build the 768 breakpoint for ipads it should view correctly in an ipad which it does.
On an iphone you would expect to use a scroll to view the full page. Which mine does with the error on the black layer.
I will need to read up on layers for responsive sites.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Hi

I just checked it on my computer and then reduced the width of my browser to reach lower resolutions, is it responsive?
Its true, using grid makes it a lot easier to build responsive sites
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio »

Can I be brutally honest?
zinc

Post by zinc »

Rebels wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:30 pm Can I be brutally honest?
I LIKE your brutal honesty.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio »

I think it sucks big time! And for this project when I look at this site my face goes like :cry: because I've been wearing snapbacks and baseball caps all my life and for the future I got plans to create my own cap dropship site so I really love the niche.

Of course you want to know why I don't like it.

To start with, it has no structure, when I first come to the homepage, it's chaos! Nothing is aligned, I count at least 9 different colors and those are not even the caps on the photo's, all sorts of info is all over the place, no idea where to start reading and what is important or not.

The menu, this is one crazy menu! It looks better if the first and second row are aligned horizontal and vertical so they look good scale wise. Also make it so it looks the same on every page, pretty much every link I clicked in the menu the menu shifts in something totally different.

If you wonder how to place them and align them easy without using a menu extension, I got a small trick for that which you should also use on your email address because the way you put your email now, bots will crawl your website and they will see your email address and soon you will have plenty of offers from millionaires from Nigeria aka shitload of spam.

Assuming you know a little bit about photoshop, just type a word or text you want, then delete the background with the magic eraser tool, crop the obsolete area around the text and save as .png now import the image into WB, doubleclick the image and give it the task you need ;) If you want your own color effect on it, in PS make one text without it and save the .png and name it for example "1" then give the text the effect you want and save it as "2" now in WB select rollover image and address the task you want.

Your header isn't fully filling the screen which I think you wanted to, it's a pixel or 2 short on both sides. Also make your website responsive.

Could point out some more things but you should start with these thing and from there on continue.
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Nothing there for me. The page loads and it's just a white blank page? Strange though as I see all the other coments, so why can I not see anything?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

bubblegumweb wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:51 am Nothing there for me. The page loads and it's just a white blank page? Strange though as I see all the other coments, so why can I not see anything?
Link seams to be corrrupted/deleated
"Make My Day"

See my Website