My website that gets MANY compliments!!

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Trugmaker

My website that gets MANY compliments!!

Post by Trugmaker »

Hi, now my website is not all singing and dancing BUT - my audience is primarily retirement age. I have sooooo very many compliments from visitors and a very frequent line is "Your website was so simple to navigate and interesting, I did not want to search for others". Without exaggeration I get complimented on a daily basis.
As with mobile phones, the elderly are confused by the multi-featured iPhones etc. they just want to tap out the number of their friends and connect. In my opinion, web designers, in keeping up with the exciting multi advancements in web design software have overlooked the prime reason of the website - to sell and make that end achievable and as easy as possible. A while ago I was on a website where there no button links, no anything except the company name. I neglected to notice the scroll bar and the information I was seeking was there but needed for me to continually scroll! Not for me mate - I left.
I am sure you design aficionado's will tear my site to bits - BUT IT WORKS and works well, as my too frequent and time consuming compliments prove.
See what you think www.trugmakers.co.uk
Opinions very welcome.
Never complain about getting old, the alternative is far worse!
Chris_t

Re: My website that gets MANY compliments!!

Post by Chris_t »

It all looks very functional. A shame that some of the pages aren't mobile friendly.
Trugmaker

Re: My website that gets MANY compliments!!

Post by Trugmaker »

Thanks, but as I stated, 95% of buyers are pensioners, very few visits are made on a mobile phone. There are a reasonable proportion via iPad so all relevant pages are responsive.
Never complain about getting old, the alternative is far worse!