Large site creation Using WYSIWYG

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
NGW007

Large site creation Using WYSIWYG

Post by NGW007 »

This site has taken over twelve months to develop and consists of 5 research and education publications. Any constructive suggestions appreciated.
Topics covered within the publications: Space publication, Poetry Writing, Metal Detecting and Archaeology, Teaching, and Car Mechanics.

Initially started off using WYSIWYG 8.00, noticed the site slowed down when publishing. With the long listing of pages for this site, I was hoping for a more distinct highlight identifying the page within Site Manager would be enhanced, however still not so. A simple update, perhaps one for the development team, a problem for those with fading eyesight...
With the new 12 noticed there is extra clicking for functions, can be time consuming.

http://paragon.myvnc.com
BaconFries

Re: Large site creation Using WYSIWYG

Post by BaconFries »

12 months...No idea what your promoting/selling! the index or home page is the main starting intro point this should give as much textual information as possible to what your trying to promote. Poor navigation/menu, bad positioning had to look and the figure out that I had to click the image beside the text to actually know it was a link! Dont understand the scrolling /marquee banner a fixed banner would be more suitable.
What is the purpose of the 4 piano key like shapes top left? Poor colour/color choice, no indication that you have to click even double click (*for mobile users) on any of the images if you want more information or visit a new page. Site is not responsive a big requirement for todays user who mainly use the likes of mobile devices such as Mobile phones, iPads, Tablets etc to view the Internet (viewing and writing on the likes as I reply).

You say your site take a lot of time to publish/upload this is more than likely due to content such as images being to large or maybe other scripts you have added yourself it could also simply be your internet connection or a sever related issue. Note this is not related to the program in anyway at all. This is not meant to be rude but just my two cents and to be honest it may take you another 12 months to make it fully responsive.
electrochrisso

Re: Large site creation Using WYSIWYG

Post by electrochrisso »

BaconFries pretty much sums it all up, I know it sounds harsh, but I think you need to go back to the drawing board on this one, perhaps check out some articles on visual design and usability for web site creation, looks like you have the practical ability to get the job done, but need to apply good design techniques.
WYSIWYG THE GREATEST Web Builder EVER