I think I'm getting down to the short strokes ... (Site review)

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Smee

I think I'm getting down to the short strokes ... (Site review)

Post by Smee »

Second site with WWB ... lots of learning (took up too much of Pablo's time with what I now see were silly problems) coming from other web building programs to this one.

Anyhow, this is the site (still in a temp directory on my server) http://www.ahgweb.com/wsf1

Some things the customer demanded (how many times can you watch that bounce house drop before you want to destroy it?). Still trying to change his mind on that part.

Thanks in advance for any nudges in the right direction.
bubblegumweb

Re: I think I'm getting down to the short strokes ... (Site review)

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi,
I think the bouncy castles dropping down can be quite annoying, but if it's what the client wants despite any input against them by you, I guess the client get's what he want's. The only other thing that I would change is in the image slider. The images are ok, but I wouldn't have the images zooming in slowly, they look weird.
Apart from that Good Site. Well done.

Regards
Gary
Smee

Post by Smee »

Thank you Gary ...

Your comments are appreciated.

Be well.
Smee

Post by Smee »

Changed the sliders (which I really like the change) then turned my daughter the writer loose on the copy. The site's owner had written all his own copy, and you likely noticed, writing isn't his strong suit.

The site is now live at http://www.wattssomefun.biz --- for better or for worse.
ArkyBoy

Post by ArkyBoy »

Totally agree on the falling castles. Smee, the slider is much better now, IMO. The "Ken Burns" type zoom from before just didn't feel quite right, and I'm glad you're liking this better also. It all just seems to fit the page better now. Nice job. Hope the client is happy!
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Nice work Smee. I agree the comment about the drop down bouncing castles. Can be ok in index page but when changing the links it does the same on every page... quite anoying. If you have a masterpage for it... make one more without the effects for the rest of the pages.
As I told.. nice work, just my opinion.
"Make My Day"

See my Website