website for spanish villa

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
brianluce

website for spanish villa

Post by brianluce »

I will never be a good website builder, but if I could get something up once and for all that was light, loads fast and shows up in searches I'd be ahead of the game. Recently I clicked on something somewhere that took me to a mobile website optimizer evaluation. The results were not encouraging. It said I'm all screwed up and I didn't understand what the issues were or how to fix them. I want a good site for mobile phones because it's a vacation villa and people find us on the road. Anyway, here's the site, any feedback is appreciated.
www.villabohol.com
lummis

Re: website for spanish villa

Post by lummis »

It looks as though your website has not been designed as a responsive one so my suggestion would be to have a look at https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=63817 and think about a redesign using Layout Grids which are the simplest way of getting what you want.

It also appears that you have selected emulate IE8 in the page properties and this may have affected your design as well.
Fender

Post by Fender »

I suggest you take a look at the provided templates http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates8.html and choose the one
you like and can alter to your needs.
This way you don't have to invent the wheel!
succes
Fender
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

Hello, what's that mean "responsive" website?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hello, what's that mean "responsive" website?
Responsive Website Design or abbreviated to "RWD" is were you design the layout (pages) so that it allows your website to be able to flex, stretch, shrink and adjust to fit a wide variety of different screen sizes and devices. By doing so you are ensuring that users have a more friendly experience no matter what device they using to view your site.

Note today's trends show more and more users will visit your site from either there Mobile/Cell phone Tablet/iPad rather than a PC so having your site use "RWD" is essential.

Looking at your site it is not "RWD" in anyway please read the following urls these will give you a better idea of how to design your site and make it "RWD" and comply to Google rules on sites being "RWD".

See the following:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=76722
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

We seem to be able to zoom in and out on iphones and droids. It's not doing that on other people's phones?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Zooming in and Out isn't the same as being "Responsive"! "Responsive" means that your site will automatically fit the screen size of the device getting viewed on without having to manually "pinch" zoom in/out!. If you look at both the sites you use for booking you will see what I mean. The first automatically fits my mobile screen, I can also use "pinch" to zoom in/out if I wish but initially the site is "RWD".

The second is "RWD" without using "pinch" and again it automatically fits my device. I would suggest that you read the urls carefully to help you understand more about designing your site to be "Responsive" as at the moment it is not.

Note "Google" now requires you to make sure your site is "RWD" compliant and can penalise your site for not being so, some of these can be removal or reduce page ranking. You mentioned in your first post you have tested your site and the results weren't good the reason being it is not "Responsive" so as suggested take a read at the urls and good luck.

You can test your site at the following to check for being mobile friendly and "RWD"
https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

I'm trying guys. Today I tried to open those templates, thinking I can just enter my content on board and have a responsive site. But when I download the template is creates a wtb7 file and I'm using version 14. I thought 14 can open older version but it apparently doesn't. What am I doing wrong now? Apparently I downloaded version 7 but I get a "failed to open" message when I try and open the template and then v7 opens but the work area is not functional.
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

if anyone proficient in wys want to make a little bit of money and knows how to fix my site, pm me. I don't know how t
o fix the issues.
lac8383

Post by lac8383 »

Brian

I have some ideas for making your site responsive so it would be mobile friendly. You can reach me on my email below.

Leo
lac8383@comcast.net
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@lac8383 you should note that brianluse was Last active:Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 am, so he may not read this or reply..