Why different synchronise levels?

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
sommerpierre

Why different synchronise levels?

Post by sommerpierre »

Hello, I have just a question for understanding the options in the properties of the „css menu“.

There, under the option „Synchronise with the site manager“ are four possible choices for „Sync with“: First Level - Parent Level - Current Level - Child Level.

Can you explain what exactly this mean? In the help I didn't find any explanation to that.
Gruß

Sommerpierre
Pablo

Re: Why different synchronise levels?

Post by Pablo »

The options are documented in the help:
First Level
Creates buttons that will link to the children of the root level.

Parent Level
Creates buttons that will link to all pages in the level above the current page in the Site Manager.

Current Level
Creates buttons that will link to the current page and all other pages that share the same parent page.

Child Level
Create buttons that will link to the children of the current page.
sommerpierre

Post by sommerpierre »

Perhaps my intellect is not sufficient to understand this terms. Will this say (see image):

1 = Root Level

2 = Parent Level

3 = Child Level

All this four Levels create buttons but the links of these buttons are different?

„First Level“

If I choose this option the buttons created will link „only“ to the children from the root level, but not to all other pages?

„Parent Level“

If I chose this option the buttons created will linked with all pages above. If my page with the css menu is the last page in the site manager, automatically all pages are synchronised?

„Current Level“

If I choose this option the buttons created will link „only“ with the pages on the same parent page. (Useful only for more then one menu bar?)

„Child Level“

If I choose this option the buttons created will link „only“ with the pages under the current page?

What effects have the four possibilities under „target“ (blank - self - parent - top)?

What are the default options for „Sync with“ and „Target“ if I choose „Synchronise with the Site Manager“?

Gruß

Sommerpierre
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, we cannot view images that are your computer.

If you do not have multiple level sin the Site Manager, then there is no different between the options. They are are useful if you have folders.
That effects have the four possibilities under „target“ (blank - self - parent - top)?
This is standard HTML functionality. The options are also documented in the help.
blank
opens the link in a new window

_self
open the link in the current frame

_parent
open the link in the parent frame

_top
loads the linked document in the topmost frame
dnlyko

Post by dnlyko »

Pablo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 pm The options are documented in the help:
First Level
Creates buttons that will link to the children of the root level.

Parent Level
Creates buttons that will link to all pages in the level above the current page in the Site Manager.

Current Level
Creates buttons that will link to the current page and all other pages that share the same parent page.

Child Level
Create buttons that will link to the children of the current page.
This does not seem to work with the OverlayMenu.
I selected Child Level and it displays those pages in the Items Menu Items above the Synchronize display but when I preview or publish the menu defaults to the root not the child items.
http://mysnapsonline.com/psychedelic.html
This pertains to the grey OverlayMenu in centre of page, not the green OverlayMenu on the masterpage header this page is using
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It looks like the menu is on a master page/frame?
In that case the synchronizing is relative to the master.