Text Menu Hyperlinks in Ver 15 not customisable

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
TvdS

Text Menu Hyperlinks in Ver 15 not customisable

Post by TvdS »

Hi there, I have been placing a text menu in the footer panel of my page to provide an extra set of clear links. Up until now I had been able to set the style of these links in respect of colour, underlining, etc in the Style manager. Unless I am doing something really wrong it seems that this feature does not work since ver 15. I have overcome the issue by substituting the text menu with a breadcrumb menu which is fully customizable. So, while I don't actually have a problem right now, it would seem that if I am right and some functionality has been compromised in the latest update it will be worth while to investigate it.

Thanks for truly wonderful software, and for the ongoing improvements which are truly coming thick and fast!
Pablo

Re: Text Menu Hyperlinks in Ver 15 not customisable

Post by Pablo »

The text menu works the same as in previous versions.
Maybe the name of the style in invalid?
To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64868
TvdS

Post by TvdS »

Hi there, thanks for your prompt response.

I believe that the problem for me was that I had not realised the importance of the additional global .css file that is generated when publishing and which must accompany the pages when they are loaded. That page is named with the same name as the project file. So you can have index.html and index.css but you must also have a third file which has the project name, like for instance link-test.css if that is the name of the project as in link-test.wbs

I was dealing with individual pages, making changes one at a time when migrating from V14 to V15 and whilst loading the .css and .html files had left out the global file.

Does that sound logical? Does it explain what I was doing wrong?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You are right, a page cannot have the same name as the project. Otherwise the same global css will conflict with the page css.

Note that you can change the of the global css via the site variable: $PROJECT_CSS$ (see also the help)