CSS menu z-index problem with Layout Grid layer

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
mckonen

CSS menu z-index problem with Layout Grid layer

Post by mckonen »

I faced a problem using CSS menu with the Layout grip layer; when scrolling the page down, the menu items goes under everything . The layer with the menu are at the front of everything and background set the solid colour, but no effect of that. This can be fixed by using the other layout underneath of the CSS menu, but not very clever thing, also this messes up the mobile pages every now and then by showing also the CSS menu there...See this project: mckonen.mbnet.fi/hieronnat
Don't know what I am doing wrong, or should this working like this, I am using v.12.5 ? Have to try v. 15 if this is fixed there at during the next update...
br, Sami
Pablo

Re: CSS menu z-index problem with Layout Grid layer

Post by Pablo »

Layout grids do not have a z-index so the next grid will always overlap the previous one in the z-order.
That is why drop down menus are normally part of a page header so you can set the 'stack level' to 'in front of content'
Alternatively, you can also set the layout grid position to 'header (fixed)'
mckonen

Post by mckonen »

OK, in this case the fixed header could be ok, but not with the taller ones without some tricks. Seen some pages; when scrolling down, some part of the header (maybe the logo and transparent background) activating during scrolling page down, didn't find any template of that at least for WB 12...

br, Sami
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To give you more specific advise, I need to see what you have done.
Note however that version 12 is no longer supported.