*** SOLVED *** CSS Menu works in preview, not on server?

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Fredl

*** SOLVED *** CSS Menu works in preview, not on server?

Post by Fredl »

Hi all,
I have a site built with WB16, a simple informational 2 page site that I'm having an issue with. I'm using CSS menu for navigation. I have selected the pages the menu buttons should link to in the project, in preview they work fine, once on the actual server they do not. The site is thedunesporta.com

I get a "not found" message when I click the menu item "Gallery", but if I manually append ".html" to the address it loads. What have I done wrong here? I have used the CSS menu without issues in the past, and don't see where I've done anything differently. I did begin this project with a template, from which I removed some elements, my hunch is that the problem stems from there, but I cannot find what causes the links to not work. Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks!
Pablo

Re: CSS Menu works in preview, not on server?

Post by Pablo »

It looks like you have enabled 'Hide file extensions for internal' links in Tools -> Options -> Publish.
If you want to use this option then you will also make changes to the server configuration. See the help for more details.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

It looks like you have the page extensions removed. Your link is linking to: thedunesporta.com/gallery (which is referencing a folder on your server) rather than: thedunesporta.com/gallery.html

Check the options in your project and turn off "hide file extensions in internal links".

edit...Pablo you are fast!
Fredl

Post by Fredl »

Thanks very much! I'm not sure how that option got checked, but that would certainly do it! I've tested it, issue fixed! Thanks so much!