Hyperlink Styles not working

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Seanf

Hyperlink Styles not working

Post by Seanf »

I'm having a problem applying hyperlink styles to some links. In the past they have worked but now they do not. Hopefully the screenshot will demonstrate the problem: I have applied the style to the two highlighted links but as you can see, the styles are not being rendered either in the preview or when they are published (the default state should be bold). The generated css file looks to be correct so I don't understand why this is not displaying properly.

Any advice is welcome :-)

Thanks

Sean
crispy68

Re: Hyperlink Styles not working

Post by crispy68 »

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm assuming you actually applied the hyperlink style to the text correct? You screenshot only shows what the settings are for that hyperlink class but not that it's actually been applied. Do you have link to this page?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Looking at the source of the following Try you haven't applied the style to the text only the hyperlink...
Seanf

Post by Seanf »

I'm sure it has been applied. The page is here https://seans-hab-sauce.de/try.htm

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This is what I see at the link I gave and yours.. No bold no underline. You will need to highlight the text and apply the style hab_body_links

Seanf

Post by Seanf »

Exactly. The links do not follow the style I applied.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

When I look at the code, the style is being given to the <a> tag as well as the <span> tag. Due to the font you are using there is a font-weight:300 associated with it that is being generated on the <span> tag which is overriding the font-weight: bold on the <a> tag.

I would try what BF suggested and remove the link altogether from the text, save it, and then try re-applying the style to just the text.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Have you read the following...If it still doesn't work then please provide a demo project .wbs of just this page and share,
Change the color or style of a hyperlink
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/link_color.html
Seanf

Post by Seanf »

Thanks, I'll look at it again tomorrow. Thanks your your help.

Sean
Seanf

Post by Seanf »

I've now uploaded a small test project that demonstrates the problem. I have made a number of websites with WYSIWYG WB (since version 12) using link styles in the same way and never had this issue before (my main website seanf.de uses them in exactly the same way and they work fine. This problem started yesterday, using a newly installed version 16.4.0, that I updated from version 16.3.something. Could this have something to do with it? I initially made the site with the older version but when I tried to update the text using 16.4.0, the link styles no longer worked. One thing I notice is that if I remove the text style, the link style works as it should.

Here is the test file: link-test.wbs

Thanks

Sean
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think the problem is related to the selected output format of the text: 'use <p>'
It should be set to 'default' or one of the other options. If you select use <p> then the styles of all text should be the same.
Seanf

Post by Seanf »

Thank you Pablo, that solves the problem. I don't know how that even got changed as it's something I've never even noticed before!

All good now though, thanks again.

Sean