SOLVED: Publishing Freezes When Overwriting

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
rasure

SOLVED: Publishing Freezes When Overwriting

Post by rasure »

I haven't updated my website for a while, came to do it today and went to publish all files over an existing copy and it freezes with a black screen and have to close the program (never used to), however if I publish to a new empty folder in the same directory it publishes as expected, cant seem to figure it out?

Video: https://rasure.co.uk/wysiwygwebbuilder.mp4

Win 10, latest version of wysiwygwebbuilder 64 bit
Last edited by rasure on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Publishing Freezes When Overwriting

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your virusscanner is scanning the generated files in the background which is causing a delay?
Did you wait for a while to make sure your computer is not just very busy?
rasure

Post by rasure »

Thanks for the reply. My D drive is excluded from scanner altogether. Even if that was the case, why would it save to a new folder in the same directory with no issues? To be sure I even tried with virus scanner completely off, same result. Even tried C drive, same result, new folder fine, overwrite freezes. Went to make a coffee on freeze just to give it time (about 10 mins) came back still frozen.

• Overwriting files freezes D:\WEBS\AAA MY WEBSITES\Mark Robotham Music Producer\WEB
  • Save to new folder in same directory D:\WEBS\AAA MY WEBSITES\Mark Robotham Music Producer\New folder works fine.
  • Save to new folder in same directory again freezes D:\WEBS\AAA MY WEBSITES\Mark Robotham Music Producer\New folder

Only when it tries to over write all files. Publishing only updated files works fine in either case.

Even double checked permissions/read only files, makes no sense. Not sure what else to try. Thank you Pablo :-)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It must have something to do with permissions.
For the application, it does not matter where the files will be written to. All files will be processed the same way (via standard system functionality).

Maybe Windows 'ransomware protection' is blocking access?
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/m ... indows-10/
rasure

Post by rasure »

Found the culprit for anyone else who maybe having this issue. Issue was with Acronis Active Protection and funnily enough an update was just released for Acronis (Build 25700) which fixes an issue with Active Protection not starting properly, thus causing issues. Now I get a popup asking to allow wysiwygwebbuilder to the white list.

As always thanks again for your support Pablo :-)
Pablo

Re: SOLVED: Publishing Freezes When Overwriting

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for clearing that up!