iframe content not displaying in preview

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
mikew

iframe content not displaying in preview

Post by mikew » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am

I could well be mistaken but I seem to recall being able to view the content of an external web address (on our server) in an iframe on a page during preview. Now the content of the iframe doesn't load. The same in Chrome, Firefox and Safari although It loads once published.
Thank you.

BaconFries

Re: iframe content not displaying in preview

Post by BaconFries » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 am

In some instances it is not possible to display the contents of a external page due to security restrictions one of these is the likes of Facebook which will only display once published.

mikew

Post by mikew » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks Baconfries. This is only a form created in MS Excel, converted to HML and hosted on our server Godaddy, I am almost certain I used to be able to preview this. The problem now is that once published it takes several hours before I can view the changes, and then another several hours before being able to view corrections made, despite clearing cache in browsers and DNS cache on the computer, never used to take this long. Maybe something to do with Godaddy! Don't suppose you have any ideas how to solve?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:37 am

The problem now is that once published it takes several hours before I can view the changes
This has nothing to do with te software. This is a server or browser related issue.