WYSIWYG 14.0.4

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
CentroVetBologna

WYSIWYG 14.0.4

Post by CentroVetBologna » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 pm

Dear Pablo, after updating WYSIWYG (14.0), if you tap any button (masterpage button) wsb does'nt change page and appear "#" at the and of name of the page. If you manually go to another page (for exemple: http://www.clinicasemprini.it/Chi_Siamo.html) masterpage buttons work normally.
exemple:
http://www.clinicasemprini.it/index2.html ---> http://www.clinicasemprini.it/index2.html#

Where is the problem?

I tried to remove all site and pubblish again all files but nothing change.
Best regards.
Giovanni Semprini

Pablo

Re: WYSIWYG 14.0.4 - problems

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 am

What exactly did you do?
What are your settings?
It looks like you have linked to (non existing ) bookmarks.

Can you please provide more details so I can try to help you?

CentroVetBologna

Re: WYSIWYG 14.0.4

Post by CentroVetBologna » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:35 pm

The masterpage of www. clinicasemprini.it has a cssmenu that directs to different pages, such as "Chi_Siamo.html". However, from the index page, once published the site, clicking on "Chi Siamo" (about us), nothing happens and appears in the URL "https://www.clinicasemprini.it/index.html#". However, if you manually type "https://www.clinicasemprini.it/Chi_Siamo.html" the address appears working and from this last page you can visit the other pages of the cssmenu correctly. The index page worked with the Websitebuilder ver 12 and stopped working during some minor fixes with version 14 despite the upgrade to version 14.0.4. I checked the cssmenu addresses and they are correct. May you help me?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 pm

From what I can see in the HTML code, you did not link all menu items to a page.
I do not think this has anything to do with a recent update.
To be able to help you, I need your project file, so I can see what you have done.

CentroVetBologna

Post by CentroVetBologna » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:48 am

<div id="wb_Master_PageCssMenu1">
<ul role="menubar">
<li class="firstmain"><a role="menuitem" href="./index.html" target="_self" title="Homepage">Homepage</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="./Chi_siamo.html" target="_self" title="About Us">Chi&nbsp;Siamo</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="./Dove_siamo.html" target="_self" title="Map">Dove&nbsp;Siamo</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="./Contatti.html" target="_self" title="Contatti">Contatti</a>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
I dont't understand why the cssmenu1 works properly in Master_Page and does not work in index page (index is related in miscellaneus to masterpage properly).

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:36 am

Is the master page in the same folder?

To be able to help you, I need your project file, so I can see what you have done.

CentroVetBologna

Post by CentroVetBologna » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:26 am

Yes it is in the same folder. I point out that when you import the page Master_Page from the old project (which worked) the version 14 offers the link of the cssmenù as "smartlink" to a "parent page". I set it to "link to page in this project" and to the desired page. i think here the problem is generated. How can I send you the "project"; what do you mean by project?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:31 am

I point out that when you import the page Master_Page from the old project (which worked) the version 14 offers the link of the cssmenù as "smartlink" to a "parent page".
Internal links are only valid within the context of the project. So, if you import a page from another project then the internal links will not be valid. The link cannot be accessed from another project.

But why did you import the page(s)?
Can you just open the project in the new version?
what do you mean by project?
I meant the .wbs project file.
How can I send you the "project";
- upload the wbs file to your website or another public server
- share the link in your post

CentroVetBologna

Post by CentroVetBologna » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:22 am

I use WETRANSFER. Have you an email address to send the project?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:51 am

You can send the link to support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com

But are you sure this was not caused by importing the pages from another project?

CentroVetBologna

Post by CentroVetBologna » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 pm

The site worked regularly and the cssmenu stopped working when I upgraded to version 14. After several attempts I tried to write the masterpage again without result and then I tried to import the master page from the backup copy. Whatever I do, the cssmenu does not work properly. I send you the project by wetransfer from my email g.semprini@clinicasemprini.it
You will find a Masterpage under construction where the cssmenu does not work.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks for sharing the project.
However, are you sure this is the correct project?
It does not look like the online version of the website.
Where do I find the CSS menu?

I do not think this has anything to does with WB14.
I have created many website with the CSS menu in WB14 without any problems. Also, no one else has reported any issues.

Can you please describe in more detail what I need to do to see the problem in your project?

CentroVetBologna

Post by CentroVetBologna » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:07 am

It is the correct project but modified in the attempt to make the cssmenu work. The css menu is on the Master_Page page (can you see it?). In these years I have written and modified the site several times but I have never had this problem and I am worried about the fact that even for you it is not identifiable.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Do you mean page 'Master_Page'?

There are two css menus
- Master_PageCssMenu1
- Master_PageCssMenu2

The first menu generates the following code:

Code: Select all

<ul role="menubar">
<li class="firstmain"><a role="menuitem" href="https://www.clinicasemprini.it/index.html" target="_self" title="Homepage">Homepage</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="./Chi_siamo.html" target="_self" title="About Us">Chi&nbsp;Siamo</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="./Dove_siamo.html" target="_self" title="Map">Dove&nbsp;Siamo</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="./Contatti.html" target="_self" title="Contatti">Contatti</a>
</li>
</ul>
This seems to be correct, right?

The second one generates this code:

Code: Select all

<ul role="menubar">
<li class="firstmain"><a role="menuitem" href="#" target="_self">Item&nbsp;1</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="#" target="_self">Item&nbsp;2</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="#" target="_self">Item&nbsp;3</a>
</li>
<li><a role="menuitem" href="#" target="_self">Item&nbsp;4</a>
</li>
</ul>
That is because no links have been set.

What exactly do I need to do to see the problem you are having?

CentroVetBologna

Post by CentroVetBologna » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm

If In index page of the pubblished site (www.clinicasemprini.it) you click on cssmenu1 "Chi Siamo" or "Dove Siamo", the url become "https://www.clinicasemprini.it/#" and the page do not change. In the project that you download I try to create a new cssmenu1 but the it dos not work and https://www.clinicasemprini.it/# is anyway in the url. Why?