Publishing error issue maybe due to built in ftp problem

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
eddielabiste

Post by eddielabiste » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Last time I had managed to solve the error issue after few days suddenly it returned back with the same problem of publishing error issue. Kindly help me on how to properly configure Windows Firewall correctly for WYSIWYG 11. I have configured in the firewall these ways such as; inbound, outbound, allow the program and even managing Internet Information Services. There were things that I have missed like to make an ftp user ang ip configuration. Any suggestion please. Thanks!

Mr. Eddie Labiste

Pablo

Re: Publishing error issue maybe due to built in ftp problem

Post by Pablo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:33 pm

FTP uses inbound and outbound. Note that this is not specific for the application, this is true for all FTP clients.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 pm

See the following answer regarding help with configuration of Firewall and Help with WWB11
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=82185
If it was a issue then Pablo would have already fixed.

If it has worked previously and you also resolved previously yourself then it is usually a issue with your host one reason is your Host/Server has switched to using SFTP over FTP which will require the following extension (Paid)
Secure FTP (PAID)

Allow I/We can't personally guide you maybe this will help. No intent is meant to you with the link referal.
How to allow programs through the windows 7 firewall

eddielabiste

Post by eddielabiste » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi sir Pablo,

Disregards the host, since before I thought with my previous hosting company that it was the problem. But now I had changed it to another new hosting company with confirmation of ftp to run my website. I had changed also my anti virus just recently, thinking that maybe the cause of problem. If possible can I ask for a proper way on how to configure my firewall in windows7 or there are other ways?

Thanks,

Eddie Labiste

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Please see and carefully read the following:
Note that this is not an issue of WYSIWYG Web Builder!
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=58619

eddielabiste

Post by eddielabiste » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:20 am

Hi everyone!

To solve my long time problem about ftp publishing error using wysiwyg 11 in windows 7... if I will upgrade to wysiwyg 14. Is there assurance and guarantee that it will run good without any ftp error?
Again disregards the hosting because I had changed it to a better one with ftp approval and firewall configuration too. There was one suggestion I had read last day that the main cause of ftp error is the Microsoft Internet Explorer has BUG when publishing using built in ftp. Your suggestion will help me solve it.

Thanks,

Eddie labiste

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:20 am

Is there assurance and guarantee that it will run good without any ftp error?
FTP functionality has not change in recent versions, because there are no known issues.
All reported problems have always been related to misconfiguration or host related.

Please see the comments of BaconFires, which may help you fix your problem.
If not, the you will need to provide more details about your configuration/host/logs etc, see the FAQ.
Be sure to check whether your host support standard FTP! If it only supports secure FTP then you will need to install the Secure FTP extension.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:52 am

Is there assurance and guarantee that it will run good without any ftp error?
As with Pablos answer, the inbuilt FTP functionality has not changed in anyway since you purchased your copy of the software it still works the same today as it did then so that is the assurance.

Any issues are usually due to user misconfiguration or server related. You have written that it has previously worked for you so what has or have you changed?. If it's a user configuration then only you can resolve as we have no way to know what you may or may not have done. If it is server sided then again we have no way to know and you will need to contact your host provider for help asking if any chages have been made to your service/account.

It may be as I have mentioned just as Pablo has that your host/provider now uses SFTP rather than FTP so please contact them and ask if this us the case. See the following Secure FTP extension (Paid) which you can download and try before you purchase if needed.

Also please read everything again carefully or we will be simply going around in circles rewriting what has already been mentioned. So again the assurance is this, you are using WB11 which hasn't been changed in anyway since the very last version WYSIWYG Web Builder 11.6.5 offered at Download for download so nothing has changed in the software and it's use since then.