switched to hostmetro cannot load my site

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
brianluce

Re: switched to hostmetro cannot load my site

Post by brianluce »

I turned off the firewall. I asked HostMetro to double check the pw and un
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

fail message:

*** START OF PUBLISH ***
Scanning publish folder...
Found 5 file(s).
Processing files...
Transfering 5 file(s) using SFTP with SSH2 (Secure Shell)
Connecting to metro709.hostmetro.com (Attempt 1 of 3)
SecureFtpLog:
AuthenticatePw:
DllDate: Jan 31 2018
SecureFtpVersion: 9.5.0.72
UnlockPrefix: PBLVND.CB1072018
Architecture: Little Endian; 64-bit
Language: Visual C++ 2015 / x64
VerboseLogging: 0
authenticatePw:
Component successfully unlocked using purchased unlock code.
sshAuthenticatePw:
requestUserAuthService:
sendServiceRequest:
svcName: ssh-userauth
SentServiceReq: ssh-userauth
--sendServiceRequest
ssh-userauth service accepted.
--requestUserAuthService
AuthMethods: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
passwordAuth:
Sent login/password
Authentication failed or partial success. (1)
PartialSuccess1: 0
AuthList: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
important:
This is likely a simple invalid login and/or password error,
meaning your application did not send the correct login and/or password.
--important
--passwordAuth
--sshAuthenticatePw
--authenticatePw
Failed.
--AuthenticatePw
--SecureFtpLog

Removing temporary files...
Publish failed!
*** END OF PUBLISH ***
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

Still doesn't work but Hostmetro just emailed me this:
Your local system IP address 68.6.73.69 has been blocked at our server firewall due to Failed SSH login attempts. I have unblocked the IP and you should access the services now.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you,
Ron
Technical Support Representative
http://www.hostmetro.com/
Knowledgebase: http://hostmetro.com/knowledgebase
Video Tutorials: http://hostmetro.com/demos/
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The error returned by the server seems to indicate that the username/ password is incorrect:
Authentication failed or partial success.
Note that in my experience (see also other related topics on this forum) , the web host usually blames you or the software before they seriously start looking at their side.
Until now there has never been a publish issue that was directly caused by the software, in all other cases it was a configuration error.
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

Dude, I've used your software for almost 10 years. It's bullet proof. Hostmetro however appears to be run by morons. Their chat is never on, Phones off, only ticket based tech support and they suck.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The only way to make sure that everything is correct on the server side, is by logging in with another FTP client (like FileZilla).
If that does not work with the same settings then we can be sure it's a server related issue.
If it does work with FileZilla then something may be wrong in your configuration.
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

Using FileZilla is above my skillset. My website does not even appear on the internet now. it says "cannot find site". the site is www.villabohol.com
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

What are possible configuration issues? How are the publish fields supposed to be filled out? My site is not even appearing on the internet now. It's gone. and the software continues with "fail to publish" messages.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Is this your site? Also viewing the source you are using emulate IE8 remove and set to use and HTML5...but as you see from the screenshot your site is working.... So if it can be seen by me it safe to say that it has been successfully uploaded and the issue may lie with your browsers cache or it is possibly being blocked by your AV software. Please try clearing your browser cache and see if it now shows.

brianluce

Post by brianluce »

my windows 10 Firewalls is shut off as far as I can tell. WYSIWG does however appear in the "export policy" dialog box in firewall and advanced security menus.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The error indicates that either something is wrong in your configuration or on the server side.
The only way I can help you with this is if you share your publish data so I can try to login:
support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

No it was offline. Hostmetro fixed it:
"It appears your IP was blocked for failed SSH logins
been emailing hostmetro all day and they got wysiwyg to work finally:
"We created an FTP account in your cPanel and assigned it to public_html"

On the advice of this site I believe unnecessarily purchased a software upgrade and extension. So not real thrilled with you guys or Hostmetro. You both put a consumer and customer between yourselves and turned me into a human ping pong ball. This seems to happen a lot. Making me unnecessarily spend money is good for you not for me.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

On the advice of this site I believe unnecessarily purchased a software upgrade and extension. You both put a consumer and customer between yourselves and turned me into a human ping pong ball. This seems to happen a lot. Making me unnecessarily spend money is good for you not for me.
I beg to differ. We were all trying to help. Myself and Pablo suggested to try Filezilla to test and see if it was a server issue. There were indications that the setup was not correct (password incorrect?) etc. You decided against using Filezilla even when I offered to help with it. I also stated the extension would not work with your version.

Rather than hash it out with your host and try every possible solution, you chose to upgrade and buy the extension. That was your choice. I dont think any of us indicated that doing this would 100% solve your problem.

In any event, I believe you will find that upgrading was a smart choice as your version is very old and a lot has changed since version 7. For instance, your site is not mobile friendly. You will now be able to make it mobile friendly which in the end could help in Google searches rather than be penalized for not being mobile friendly. For the price of the upgrade, this software is a steal and the best software I've used and I've used several.
brianluce

Post by brianluce »

always remember Crispy, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG
Pro Tip: take care of customers and you'll come out ahead over the long term.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

recently switched from 1&1 to hostmetro (big mistake).
How is the fault of the help we gave.
The few connections attempts we do see are failing due to invalid passwords
Again how was this the fault of the help given.

You came to us for help with a unsupported version of the software to which we didnt need to help you with. Also no one forced you to buy anything!! The issue you had was between yourself and your hosting company as you have now found out so even without buying the program you would still have issues as it was with your host.

Hosting issues have nothing to do with how you use the software!. The onus is on you as a user to ensure that you use the correct credentials (valid passwords) when logging in to your host so that you dont get a ban at IP level for trying to login with incorrect details too many times.

If you had been insistant with them then they would have looked at your issue and saw the login attempts and informed you of the IP ban sooner and you would have been able to say it was you and get it sorted at host level.

I will finish with a quote: As the saying goes, "A good workman never blames his tools but how he uses them"