Navigation Bar question.

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
nick.francis

Navigation Bar question.

Post by nick.francis »

First off, I want to say that I am a MAJOR fan of WYSIWYG. I am a beginner, I used the previous version to set up a basic website, where I often used the Navigation Bar. With V14, when I create a Navigation Bar, if I do a "Preview in Browser" (Chrome), the Navigation Bar comes out the way I want it, that is, solid blocks, with each text item in a block. However, when I publish the page to my site and access with Chrome/ Edge or Firefox, the Navigation Bar displays without the blocks and just a little icon to the left of the text. What am i doing wrong?

Congratulations on a brilliant product!
Pablo

Re: Navigation Bar question.

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you did not publish all files?
What are your exact settings and what is the URL of the page?
nick.francis

Post by nick.francis »

Hi Pablo
Thank you very much indeed. I have double checked, I believe that i have published all the files.
The URL is: http://www.sentrymetric.co.za/
Thank you very much indeed.
Regards and best wishes.
Nick.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It does not look like the images are on the server.
Are there any errors in the publish log?
nick.francis

Post by nick.francis »

Hi Pablo, thank you very much for your prompt replies and help, which have led me to identify the problem, MY mistake, it was always going to be. I checked the publish logs, all looked OK. I then copied the files to another machine and the uploaded from there, using a different FileZilla. This time, everything fine. When I checked the transfer setting, the Transfer Type of the one that worked was Binary, the one that didn't work was ASCII. So, just a stupid dumb user mistake - I didn't think it would be anything other than my fault. Thank you very much for your help which pointed me in the right direction. Best regards, nick.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for clearing that up!