Page not published with Secure FTP

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
clarkep

Re: Page not published with Secure FTP

Post by clarkep »

BaconFries wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:35 pm No need to be sorry I tend not to try to assist when any post / thread that shows p**n. Not prudish I personally don't think links / urls to p**n should be displayed as it may be offensive to users.
Ok but i am still sorry anyway.
Last edited by clarkep on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It is fine, hunky-dory, sorted etc etc.... Just a suggestion.... maybe clear your browser history just incase others have access to your PC 😳😉
MAX_CDF

Post by MAX_CDF »

Sorry, if that website is "different" than others - BUT -- It's not a reason that Wysiwyg program never save my work on PC since I re-install Windows 10 !?? I never change any way to work on it and "save button" doesn't work
Finally I bought FTP secure for nothing :( cuz it works again with simple FTP )
Sorry for inconvenience but I really would like to know HOW TO SAVE my works in my folder in my PC files. "logo" save on program never works now !
Thanks again
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What exactly happens when you save? Is there an error message?
Or maybe the folder or project file is read-only?
MAX_CDF

Post by MAX_CDF »

(j'utilise google traduction étant belge/français ) ce qui donne : with Google translate because I'm Belgian/french

Hello,
as I told you by email and thank you for the reply. I finally found the right .wbs file and recovered my entire site.
But !!
I made changes to some links and links on images, I published with secure FTP (ftp. Simple protocol did not work again !)
but on the site on web the modifications are not recorded, the links are the old ones !
However Secure FTP signals successful transfert and publication !
I tried, by creating a new page "test-x-page", by putting just a small text and an image and after having published it, always with secure FTP which tells me that the publication is done and successful. . By typing the address of the new page created "mysite.com/test-x-page.html I get an error 404 (Error 404
Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.)
So publications and modifications are never published! I'm lost again, sorry. But can you help me.
Thank you in advance.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you publish to the correct folder on the server?
What information is in the publish log?