Site compatible with both laptop and mobile phone

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
SteveWWD

Site compatible with both laptop and mobile phone

Post by SteveWWD »

I am a total novice at this so I may not describe ideally what I am hoping to fix. My website has also gone awry so I cant point anyone at it.

My story goes like this. Firstly I am using Version 12 and I am using one of the general templates (not sure now which one)

I had trouble publishing my site so that it could be viewed on both a mobile and a laptop. It looked ok on the laptop but all the formatting went crazy when viewed on a mobile

Somehow - perhaps via this forum - I was offered a solution. Unfortunately the website was not archived, it has been lost and I now cannot re-do the fix. The fix was something like this....

The index page (or the home page?) was pretty much blank and it ended up being invisible to the viewer. I cant remember if it was "published", not published"? I just know it wasn't seen

The home page (or the index page?), from the viewer's perspective was the second page in the structure but was what the viewer sees when the website opens.

For whatever reason, having this blank page meant that the website was viewed well on a phone

I know my post is a bit vague but I am hoping someone may be able to help. I am in Australia and am willing to ring someone if best done that way

Thanks, Steve
Pablo

Re: Site compatible with both laptop and mobile phone

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your website does not have a index page?
The home page should be named 'index.html' or 'index.php'
alan_sh

Re: Site compatible with both laptop and mobile phone

Post by alan_sh »

Steve,

Have a read up on 'breakpoints'. That's the key to making things work on mobil, tablet and larger systems. If you want an easy start, I've produced a simple template with 5 breakpoints that work fine on all devices. You can find it here https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 41&t=88171

If you've lost your old site, then starting again won't hurt at all.

Alan