Grid Form Page / Combined With Master Page problem (SOLVED)

Issues related to forms.
katman

Grid Form Page / Combined With Master Page problem (SOLVED)

Post by katman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:30 am

Interesting;

When I associate the paypal button with a combo box, you can see that it takes on elements of the master page. If I load the content page without association with master grid layout page this does not happen. If the paypal button does not have the combo box ticked in options, this doesn't happen.

The second picture is where I moved the combo boxes to another layout grid and for some reason there are 8 now instead of 4. The 4 boxes above the paypal buttons are not located there.

I have checked and made sure all names of the elements are unique for each page

Below is the layout with 4 combo boxes associated with the paypal forms, but there are actually 8 showing and 4 of them have mater page elements attached to them?

Last edited by katman on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

Pablo

Re: combobox problem

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 am

I'm sorry, the PayPal button cannot be used with a master page.

katman

Post by katman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:07 am

The paypal button is in the content page not the master. I deleted all the elements from the master page that were showing up with the combo boxes and that seems to have fixed it. I tried to import the images back into the master page but the same thing happened again. I even changed the file names before importing but that has not helped.

I will keep working on an answer, thanks for the replies.

UPDATE:

I have redone the elements from the new toolbox. I realized the pages I was working on were a couple of versions old and I was cutting and pasting. The problem seems to be solved.
Last edited by katman on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am

I think it's better if you convert the PayPal button to a standard form (right click -> converter to form), then you have more control over the behavior of the button.

katman

Post by katman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:12 pm

I deleted all the offending elements from the master page and it cleared the form.

HOWEVER, when I added a layer, or a grid layout (BLUE), it again showed up inside the second of the four grid layout sections. Each new layer or grid layout I add to the master page, is getting added to the Layout grid sections of the content page?

Deleting the paypal buttons makes no difference, but removing the combo box seems to fix it.
Last edited by katman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:30 pm

To be able to help you I need to see your project, the screenshots do not provide enough details.

katman

Post by katman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 pm

project sent, thanks very much

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Can you please describe exactly what I need to do to see the problem?

Also, when share a project then please remove all non-relevant content from the file so I do not have to spend a long time trying to figure out what you have done and where I need to look. This will save us both a lot of time.

katman

Post by katman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 pm

If you remove the combo box from the content page, then the master page elements do not intrude into the grid layout sections.

If you introduce a combo box to the layout grid in the content page, and then add it to the paypal button under "options", then the master page layers intrude into the grid layout sections.

When there is only one page, this does not occur. But if using a master grid page, then this happens.
Last edited by katman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katman

Post by katman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:06 am

It works fine as a single page, just not with a master page.
Last edited by katman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 am

I'm sorry, but the project you have sent me does not look like the one in your screenshots.
Page6 in your project does not have any PayPal buttons as far as I can tell.

Can you please reduce your project (remove all non-relevant content) so only the problematic objects are on the page, so I can instantly see what you are trying to do?

katman

Post by katman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:53 pm

Sorry, I thought that reduced project was the one I sent you.

Without the master the paypal page looks fine and works fine. However, Here is what you will see if you use the master in this project. I will send you this project which is only two mages, master page and one page with 4 paypal products. I will send it now.

Thank you for looking at it.

This is a preview of the content page and master page alone.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 am

Thank for sharing the updated project.
The combination master frame / PayPal with options causes a conflict because the combo boxes will have two parents (the PayPal button, which is the form and the Layout Grid).
This causes problems when merging the master frame with the content page.

You will need to take a different approach.
For example, using a nested layout grid for each PayPal button and implement the form directly in the (nested) grid without using a PayPal button.

steps:
- right click the PayPal button
- select 'convert to form'
- open the form properties and take note of the settings (action, hidden fields), and copy these settings to a new layout grid (enable form).

katman

Re: Combobox Grid Layout problem (SOLVED)

Post by katman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks again Pablo,

Nesting the layout grids has fixed the issue. Below is a screen shot of the content and master page combined.

Though, I have not net transferred the invisible data from the paypal form to the grid layout and it seems to be working perfectly. I have not checked the form box on the grid layout either.

1. Is this a fluke, or can I continue with this layout?
2. Does the paypal mini cart icon have to be outside the layout grids and layers to function properly.

Pablo

Re: Grid Form Page / Combined With Master Page problem (SOLVED)

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 am

It looks good!

I think the paypal mini cart icon should be outside the grid. It needs to be a direct child element of the page.