Need to convert response form answers to spreadsheet

Issues related to forms.
bry

Need to convert response form answers to spreadsheet

Post by bry » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi All,

I have a need to send out an email blast to about 1200 members of a select group to gain updated contact information. I use Campaigner as my email blast company/system. I can send merged individualized emails to each member with their current contact info. I want to provide the easiest way possible for them to look at their contact info in that email and then reply and send any changes in their contact information so that we can correct our database. I am thinking about having them sent to a form page when they click "reply". If the info they enter in the web page form can be converted -HOPEFULLY AUTOMATICALLY - to an excel spreadsheet format, that is a big plus for our database person.

Is there a way to send them to a form page where the results of that form page are automatically converted to an excel spreadsheet (columns and rows) format??

thanks much

Pablo

Re: Need to convert response form answers to spreadsheet

Post by Pablo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

The built-in form script can write the submitted data to a .csv file. This file can be read by Excel.

bry

Post by bry » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm

SUPER!!! Thanks much.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:21 am

bry, on a side note you may run into a issue if you are planning to send out 1200 emails at one time, your host could block this as they may see this as a attempt of spamming so many emails at one time. I would look into this before you do so with them.

bry

Post by bry » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:55 am

It requires an email blast system that only goes to subscribed members. It is a property owners association and these people have signed up to receive these blasts.

Otherwise it would be spam and against the law. Plus, each email offers the possibility to unsubscribe. That doesn't happen because these people pay for the emails.

I don't write them. I am the tech person the association hired to do this. I also designed their website and maintain it.

But thanks for the warning. It is good for others to read it.