WEB FORM SPAM

Issues related to forms.
frankie489

WEB FORM SPAM

Post by frankie489 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 pm

hello. apologies if this has been covered... I read through as many of the posts as I could but may have missed it.

I have been using the form wizard for several years now to collect name and emails for my mailing list. for the past few months I have noticed a lot of spam coming through. I am using WYSIWYG10 at the moment. question is-- is there a method within the form wizard to prevent spambots from sending through bogus emails? I don't want to use the captcha as I think it discourages people from submitting. I tried putting in a hidden field but it prevented my emails from coming through-- I may have been setting it up wrong. I did notice the "are you human" check box when I signed up for the forum... that's a good option but I don't believe it exists on version 10.

anyway... if you have a solution I'd appreciate hearing about it. and if there is a solution, please walk me through it step-by-step. I'm not what you would call tech-savvy.

thanks.

Pablo

Re: WEB FORM SPAM

Post by Pablo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 pm

I did notice the "are you human" check box when I signed up for the forum... that's a good option but I don't believe it exists on version 10.
This is the Recaptcha v2 extension:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/recaptchav2.html

Also maybe this is helpful?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 75&t=79344

frankie489

Post by frankie489 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 pm

thanks. i'll check out the recaptcha link. if hidden forms are an option for foiling spambots (as has been suggested by many on the web) maybe you could explain how to set one up within the form field. regardless... thanks for the prompt response!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 pm

I think it is useful to read the information in this link:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 75&t=79344

frankie489

Post by frankie489 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 pm

read the information on the link. do not see 'custom form processing' option on version 10, unless I'm missing something. tried installing the recaptcha v2 from google but I can't figure a way to insert the various code where it's directing me. my only options seem to be start of page... between <head></head> tags... etc, etc. this html is over my head, which is why I like your wysiwyg program. oh, well.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm

You don't need to install any code from "Google" thats why Pablo suggested the extension ReclCaptchav2 Regarding the 'Custom Form Processing' it can be found by right clicking on the form then select Object HTML -> Custom Form Processing. You should also note that WWB 10 is no longer supported and help with external code/scripts is outwith help offered. With this said you can use the following Add HTML and if you need to use external files such as javascripts then you can use the File Publisher.

frankie489

Post by frankie489 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 am

thanks for the response. appreciated.