Recaptcha v2 problem.

Issues related to forms.
gregbarnes

Recaptcha v2 problem.

Post by gregbarnes »

I am using Recaptcha v2 and it works fine except for one small problem. The form is completed and "I am not a Robot" is ticked and when the send button is clicked, it sends a confirmation email to the client and I get a copy in my email as well. The problem is that the Recaptcha is filling in a long line of numbers and letters (like its a field) and displaying it in the DBTS Preview Page. The field contents of the preview page are what is sent to the client. Is there a way of omitting the "G-recaptcha-response" field in the DBTS properties?
All ready to send:

Preview Page and what the client is sent as a confirmation email

This is the email the client gets as a confirmation after clicking "Send"

P.S. I do not use the built-in form processor script. I use WYSIWYG v10.4.8
Here is my website if you need to see https://www.dartmaster.com.au/orderform.php
Cheers for now,
Greg
BaconFries

Re: Recaptcha v2 problem.

Post by BaconFries »

If could be that it was not designed to be used with Navaldesigns DBTS form processor...so could explain the error. I am sure Navaldesign will reply wit his own answer. See the following reCAPTCHA (v2) Setup and Pablos answer about its use quote below. Also note that WYSIWYG v10.4.8 is no longer supported.
The reCAPTCHA (v2) extension was designed to be used with the built-in form processor script only.
gregbarnes

Post by gregbarnes »

Thank you guys for the response. I may have to buy v12 :) does it handle spam better than v10?
Cheers for now,
Greg
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

v12 does not handle spam different than other versions. The captcha extensions work the same way. There have been no requests to change this.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Reviving this older thread because I'm having the same problem: The Recaptcha version 2 extension works with the DBTS Form Processor in version 15, but the response emails to both the owner and the form user contain the G-Captcha response field with several hundred letters and numbers.
Is there
(1) A way to remove that field from the response emails , or
(2) A Recaptcha that will not create this field response?

Thanks All for any help.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I cannot help you with the DBTS Form Processor, but the built-in form processor script will remove the reCAPTCHA response.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Thank you for the reply. I would love to use the built in form processor but I am not skilled enough to figure out how to get it to do an auto response to the form user and could find no documentation about that section of the advanced settings. And in making guesses about that I somehow prevented the form from working at all.

I get it to work with DBTS apart from the posted problem. I'll see if anyone else has ideas,

Thanks, again for your continued support of your great app.

David
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The auto responder option is documented in the help.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

I will try again. Thank you.
Giacomeli

Post by Giacomeli »

]Recaptcha v2 problem.

I decided to follow the same topic so that other people can search for information on a single topic.
Using version wwb 15, recaptha V2 is not behaving as expected.

The documentation is not clear about the configuration on the page.

Using the Google Recaptech dashboard, it is apparently not possible to use the extension. I tried to switch to an HTML block, but I was also unsuccessful.

Is it possible to find more details about the configuration on the WWB of the recaptcha v2?

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Step 1
add the obejct to the form

Step 2
set the keys

Step 3
publish the page

PHP 5.6 or newer is required.

Note: this is a free (unsupported) extension. But, I would not have shared it if it did not work.