Combobox Condition

Issues related to forms.
WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:29 am

Can you share the test project you have just used (or email me it)?
Did you change anything in it?
I entered data in the first box and this was blank in the email so something must have changed!

petejos
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by petejos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:16 pm

WWBman wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:29 am
Can you share the test project you have just used (or email me it)?
Did you change anything in it?
I entered data in the first box and this was blank in the email so something must have changed!
Thanks WWBman. Can I have your email pls. Mine is petejos@hotmail.com
Thanks

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:32 pm

You should have it from the reply to the test run.
Or just copy the .wbs file to the server and I’ll download it from there.

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Email address sent.

petejos
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by petejos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

WWBman wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 pm
Email address sent.
wbs file sent

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Your test project uses the built-in PHP Form Processor Script so the file extension must be php not html.
It also should have a Success page and an Error page.
The message in General/Message can be just plain text.
The Auto Responder doesn't need the message formatted as you have. Just use a plain text message. The titles and details filled in will automatically be produced by the form processor.
The Auto Responder email format can be plain text.

petejos
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by petejos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:12 pm

WWBman wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:52 pm
Your test project uses the built-in PHP Form Processor Script so the file extension must be php not html.
It also should have a Success page and an Error page.
The message in General/Message can be just plain text.
The Auto Responder doesn't need the message formatted as you have. Just use a plain text message. The titles and details filled in will automatically be produced by the form processor.
The Auto Responder email format can be plain text.
Thanks WWBman. If in plain text, then i won't get a nice and neat looking email to the user?

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Try plain text first and then see what you get.
This has nothing to do with the basic issue of not showing the entries when not filled in.

petejos
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by petejos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 pm

WWBman wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:16 pm
Try plain text first and then see what you get.
This has nothing to do with the basic issue of not showing the entries when not filled in.
Tested your suggestion with plain text and it works. Below is what I received. However, how to hide the "Buttons"? Also, how can i have a space better indexedibox1, 2 and 3? or how can I achieve what I wanted like in the rich text format I have in my current form design?

IndexEditbox1 : Peter 1
IndexEditbox2 : Peter 2
IndexEditbox3 : Peter 3
Buttons :
Email : petejos@hotmail.com

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Sorry, I can't think of a way to hide the buttons or format the space better, perhaps someone else can.

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 am

You could use the DBTS Form processor extension which is very good.
It has many options but most defaults should be fine and it doesn't include the button in its output.
I've never used the Auto Responder part of it but it should be OK.

petejos
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by petejos » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 am

WWBman wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 am
You could use the DBTS Form processor extension which is very good.
It has many options but most defaults should be fine and it doesn't include the button in its output.
I've never used the Auto Responder part of it but it should be OK.
Thanks WWBman. what is DBTS and is it in the WWB builder?

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:06 pm

It's a normal extension (DBTS Form Processor). You can install it from the Extension Manager in WWB.
I've just tested it using the same events and javascript and it works fine.
And the auto responder works fine as well with it.

If you want to see what the output looks like you can download the DBTS version here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pq5s33mf8 ... n.wbs/file

Or the DBTS help gives a good idea what it looks like.

petejos
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by petejos » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 pm

WWBman wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:06 pm
It's a normal extension (DBTS Form Processor). You can install it from the Extension Manager in WWB.
I've just tested it using the same events and javascript and it works fine.
And the auto responder works fine as well with it.

If you want to see what the output looks like you can download the DBTS version here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pq5s33mf8 ... n.wbs/file

Or the DBTS help gives a good idea what it looks like.
Thanks. I will give it a try.

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Combobox Condition

Post by WWBman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:23 pm

BTW, after testing it I forgot to make the editboxes invisible in the Object Manager on load.
Download file amended.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest