Editbox Validation (not) - What am I missing?

Issues related to forms.
Brian

Editbox Validation (not) - What am I missing?

Post by Brian » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Creating a form in WWB14 is dead simple. Validation not so much. I've created a new page in my project containing a simple one Editbox form
with a submit button to try and discover why I'm having so much trouble.

I'm using the built-in form processor. The Editbox type is text. I intend to use a 6 character word to validate the fact that a human is filling the form so Max length is 6. For validation I've selected Info bubble. Data type is text. Data required is checked with a min and max of 6. There is nothing to match to except the label which I do not want to do. Text format is letters.

I see nowhere under the validate tab with a data type of text to tell the script what 6 character word to expect so I'm not surprised it isn't quite working. Otherwise the form works fine. What am I missing?

Here's the page for my validation test: https://www.spyderridersofba.org/validation_test.php

Pablo

Re: Editbox Validation (not) - What am I missing?

Post by Pablo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:26 pm

The file 'wb.validation.min.js' is not on the server.
Please make sure that you publish all files. Without this file the validation will not work.
I see nowhere under the validate tab with a data type of text to tell the script what 6 character word to expect so I'm not surprised it isn't quite working.
If you want to match a value then you can add an (hidden) editbox and use the 'match' option

Brian

Re: Editbox Validation (not) - What am I missing?

Post by Brian » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:28 am

Wow, what a headache for a single missing file. All is well now! I'll be publishing EVERYTHING more often.

Thank you Pablo.