My forms does not work

Issues related to forms.
DreamCars-Rental

My forms does not work

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:26 am

I've checked anything that came to my mind for this both forms but none of them work.

It goes to the error page for this one : https://decouvreur-de-tresors.com/Nous-mandater.php

and the captcha does not show correctly for this one : https://decouvreur-de-tresors.com/Contact.php

Thanks for your help.

Pablo

Re: My forms does not work

Post by Pablo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:30 am

There are multiple input fileds with the same name: ContactEditbox10
You may have other conflicting settings but it's difficult to help you without seeing the generated PHP code.

The captcha PHP file seems to be missing on the server:
https://decouvreur-de-tresors.com/contactcaptcha1.php

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Well for the missing captcha on the server it is strange that it was not uploaded when publishing the page with the option of "publish files of modified objects only". I had to use the "publish all files" option.
I've also noticed that this same behaviour happen sometime with changed pictures or other modified elements that are not uploaded if the "publish all files" option is not selected.
Anyway now the contact form work, thanks !

For the other form, the one below, the problem of "multiple input fileds with the same name" is also very strange because 1) the error report does not say anything about it and 2) I have edited and double checked the names in the Object Manager and there is no "multiple input fileds with the same name"...

But after some searching I finally noticed that editing the name in the Object Manager does not edit the name of the Object in the Object Properties... This sounds like a bug right ?

So now I have edited all the objects manually in all the Objects Properties windows and they are all matching what is visible in the Object Manager, but still the form does not work and goes to the error page...

https://decouvreur-de-tresors.com/Nous-mandater.php

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:11 am

the error report does not say anything about it
Error Reports does not verify name properties only duplicated IDs. You can use form fields with the the same name, but not like this.
But after some searching I finally noticed that editing the name in the Object Manager does not edit the name of the Object in the Object Properties... This sounds like a bug right ?
This is not a bug. The 'name' property is not the same as the "ID" of the object. These are different properties!
So now I have edited all the objects manually in all the Objects Properties windows and they are all matching what is visible in the Object Manager, but still the form does not work and goes to the error page...
To be able to help you I need to see the generated PHP code or project file.

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:33 am

Ok, thanks.

Then what is the best way to let you "see the php code" ?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:38 am

Open Page Properties which will show the HTML then simply copy the php code and then paste in your next reply.

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Ok sorry, I thought there was another way like sending it through a private link or message or something. So here it is:

<?php
</body>
</html>
Last edited by DreamCars-Rental on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:30 pm

The only way the script goes to the error page is if the captcha is wrong or if the email address is not valid.

It looks like there is a space at the end of the email address so that may cause an problem with the email validation.

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Thank you very much ! That was it, the space.