Form stopped working

Issues related to forms.
aeroflyte

Form stopped working

Post by aeroflyte »

Greetings. For some reason, my form stopped working. I had set it up to use gmail as my smtp relay but I think gmail is blocking it. I was never able to get it to work using Office 365. What are my alternatives to get this to work? I tried with my comcast email and that did not work either.

Now I get this:

PHPMailer error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/ ... leshooting

I am using PHP V 7.2

Any help will be deeply appreciated as this part of my site is not working at all.

Thank you very much in advance.
John
BaconFries

Re: Form stopped working

Post by BaconFries »

Forms don't just stop working. Maybe your host has simply changed something on there end and thst could explain it not working. But it could be that your host doesn't allow the use of what are known as (free) emails such as gmail, hotmail and even the address given by your IP provider.

To resolve you will most likely have to use to a email address tied in with your hosting account /package. I would also contact your host to check nothing has changed and ask can you use the likes of (free) emails rather than the one they offer. I would also check that all files are on the server (php mailer), check your host supports php7. 2 if not you will need to revert back to php 5+

Please note that this is unrelated to the program in anyway.

See the following Form FAQ reading from emails not arriving 4.Does your host allow you to send email...
I would also read from the following thread were you have the same issue.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 42#p407142
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Possibly your host now requires the use of secure smtp. Ask them if they changed it.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The error message indicates that the SMTP settings in the Mail Engine properties are not correct.

Note that for many web hosts the 'from' email address must be within the domain.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Thank you all for your responses. @Pablo: I can't find that dialog box in the form properties. Is it only available with the initiation of a new form?

The only thing that I think changed is that I went from a shared server environment to a dedicated VPS so that my CRM software would work better. Regrettably, I did not check before the switch. I just stopped getting inquiries and became suspicious.

Does anyone know if the PHP script will work with Office 365 Exchange email?

Thanks again!!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Click the 'More' button in the form properties.

I do not have any experience with Office 365 Exchange email, but if it supports SMTP then it should work.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

My dialog box only has the cc and bcc field in it. Also, now it just brings up my error page.

Sorry, but I don't know how to post photos in my responses here.

Thank you.
John
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Two ways to do this 1. upload the image(s) to your own host/server and provide a url to it using the Image tag around it. 2.use the following image host and provide the url it generates.
https://imgbb.com
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

My dialog box only has the cc and bcc field in it.
This option is available in version 14.0 and newer.

Note that only your web host can tell you the correct settings.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

I honestly forgot to do the upgrade. I was travelling in Europe and became distracted. Will the upgrade fix it? My host is InMotion and they can't seem to figure it out. I use Office 365 Exchange which I purchased through GoDaddy. It did work for a while using Gmail. I tried using my outlook.com email but couldn't get that to work either.

I've read all of the documentation and even deleted the form and rebuilt it from scratch to see if that would purge any errors I may have induced. Honestly, I'm lost and this is one of the most crucial pages(of any website). Fortuneately, the error page comes up so people can just send me an email. But it looks so unprofessional that I can't fix it. And I really love this software. I don't want to use any other platform. I'm stuck.

Today, I am going to call GoDaddy to see if they can help me since they are the support for Office 365. Wish me luck.

I am open to any suggestions including investing in the Web Builder upgrade.
Thank you
Sincerely
John
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

These are the most recent screen shots. I had to put a space in the address because it would not post here.

Thank you
John

h_ttps://ibb.co/b2Wp3z7

h_ttps://ibb.co/DMjqsbQ
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Will the upgrade fix it?
There is nothing to 'fix' because the problem is in the configuration.
Upgrading to version 14 will add the possibility to set the 'from' address in case this is requirement of the host.
But only your host can help you find out why they do not send the emails.
To be able to give you a solution, I need to know what the error is . There must be an error somewhere in the web host's logs.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

By fix, I meant:

Upgrading to version 14 will add the possibility to set the 'from' address in case this is requirement of the host.

Would having this function correct the issue. I'm going to try again with the InMotion and GoDaddy support folks.

Thanks!
John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First you will have to find out why it does not work.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

OK. Got it to work with Office 365 Exchange email with InMotion Hosting.

Here are the settings:

SMTP: vps45273.inmotionhosting.com
port: 465
SSL

email and UID as configured in the host.

Thank you both for your help. I love this software. And I am grateful for your help.
Best regards,
John
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Glad you have it resolved 👍