Recaptcha

Issues related to forms.
ALWAYSLEARNING

Recaptcha

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

I competed a contact form, and added the recaptcha to it. I tested it, and found out that I was able to press on the submit/send button without being prompted to complete the quiz on the recaptcha thing. I am not sure what is missing from my setup? Any ideas? Thank you!
Pablo

Re: Recaptcha

Post by Pablo »

Did you add the recaptcha object inside the form?
Are you using the built-in form script?
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Yes, the recaptcha is inside the form just above the send/submit button. Yes, I am using the built-in form script. I shouldn't be able to press the send/submit button unless I completed the quiz, but that is not what is happening right now. Pressing the send button sends directly me to the error page. Thank you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Recaptcha does not block the submit button. it verifies the input on the server side.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I shouldn't be able to press the send/submit button unless I completed the quiz
What quiz? WWB doesn't have a quiz! Have you implemented your own quiz script? does it use its own/any validation so that the user cannot press submit till any and all questions are filled/answered.
See the following:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/validation.html
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Hi BF, I think the quiz referred to is the recaptcha boxes that appear that you have to identify certain objects in before you can continue.
The Cheapest Car Hire, Worldwide.

Summit Car Hire
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Sorry for not being clear when I mentioned the quiz. Billywiz was correct for clarifying it. Thank you!

Pablo:
On the website I am building, the recaptcha box does not display the " Please verify that you are not a robot" message, and sends the info through. Yes, it is redirected to the error page, but from my little experience using the recaptcha box in other websites, you cannot send any message without completing the test first, and that is why I believe that I didn't set it correctly.

BaconFries:
I am not using any custom script other than what's in WYSIWYG Web Builder toolbox. Thank you for the link; I will give it another go and see what happens.

I will update you guys as soon as I get it working. Thank you for all of your input!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, Recaptcha v2 does not block the submit button.

This functionality is available in Recaptcha v3:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/invis ... ptcha.html
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

That explains it; I will go back and use V3 then. Thank you Pablo!