PHP Fatal Error

Issues related to forms.
BaconFries

Re: PHP Fatal Error

Post by BaconFries »

As you can see the reply from your host tries to blame the php mailer script and not to there server. Now if as you say your form was working prior to today's date 20th February 2019 and you haven't made any changes then it is safe to say it cannot be a issue with the form or the script used (php mailer) as nothing has changed prior to today's date or today's date .. correct? then it can only be a server issue change. I would contact them again pointing out that it was working prior to today the 20th and you haven't made any changes so how can it be the script used! asking them to explain that...
petejos

Post by petejos »

Hi Pablo,

Yes i did tell them i changed nothing. This is their latest reply. Let me know if this make sense to you. What is the PHP version in your software? Thanks

======
Hello peter,

Based on error log below, the class and name space of the script is not support for php 5.6 and above.

[20-Feb-2019 21:18:30 Australia/Perth] PHP Fatal error: Class 'PHPMailer\PHPMailer\Exception' not found in /home/goecaumo/public_html/goec2/PHPMailer.php on line 1943

We have changed the php version to it's original state which is 5.4 and it is now working.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So, it looks like they did actually change something, right?

Anyway, if you have the current version of WYSIWYG Web Builder then it includes the latest version of PHP Mailer (6) which is compatible with PHP 7 (PHP 5.6 and newer).
petejos

Post by petejos »

Yes i have the current version of your software. But still the same problem even after i uploaded all files into the hosting service.

In fact they didn't change anything. They are changing it now is because they detected that i have an older version of PHP. That is my question why is it that my php version suddenly changed when I have an updated version of your software. That is very strange.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The software cannot change the PHP version on the server. So, if it previously worked then your host must have changed something.
The current version of PHP Mailer is compatible with PHP 5.5 and newer:
https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer