email not sending

Issues related to forms.
Chameleon

email not sending

Post by Chameleon »

Hi I have set up a login web page with the sign-up, password recovery etc. everything seems to work ok page redirects etc but I am not getting any emails from the sign up page or recover password etc. I have the correct e-mail inserted in the appropriate places and the page redirects work and the user is entered into the database ok but no email to inform me that they have signed up. I have the database set to authorisation required and all pages set to .php page properties php ver set to php5 - php7. Any thoughts as to why I donot get the e-mails??

cheers
BaconFries

Re: email not sending

Post by BaconFries »

Please read from:
Emails are not arriving in my inbox...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32967
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Baconfries, I have read that and gone through most of it, junk folder etc and nothing. My isp does not block and I have tried a different email address. my host also supports php and I have not used any other code. I have nothing on the website only the index page and all the other pages relating to the login etc. No content just a trial site. Strange though :(
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you are sure that the properties are correct then it can only be a host related issue.
Did you contact your host?
Maybe they do not allow you send emails from the specified email address?
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Cheers Pablo,
I think you are correct in it being a host issue. I have changed all the email addresses to my host account rather than my isp account and it appears to work. I am now getting emails from the 2nd account :D
thank you both for your help.
laros

Post by laros »

Can you please explain a little bit more how you solved the problem , because i have the same problem.

THank you