Saving new template

Issues related to forms.
trenoweth

Saving new template

Post by trenoweth »

Hello,

I would like to save a form as a template that I can then reload and edit later for amending/adding/subtracting fields. I gather that this may only be done by editing "forms.dat'" but I haven't been able to find this. Where should I look for it please?
BaconFries

Re: Saving new template

Post by BaconFries »

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/using_templates.html

Create a new page based on a template
It is also possible to create a new page based on a template: Menu->Page->New Page from Template

Save website as a template
To save your own web site as template select: File->Save As Template from the menu
trenoweth

Post by trenoweth »

Thank you for your suggestions, however I've already tried that.

What I wanted to do is save a form (not a website, I write those myself) I've written based on the Contact 2 template. I save it (as WWB Template 14) with the other templates but when I then load that back into the program I can only see the form *after* the fields etc. had been edited. Furthermore, before I can see the opened form there's a message asking me to save it. I cannot add new forms or change any of the existing ones.

Oh well, it'll just have to be the laborious method amending the actual code itself. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, you cannot create your own form templates. 'Form.dat' can only be edited manually via code.
However, you can save the form as a block so you can re-use it later.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/blocks.html
trenoweth

Post by trenoweth »

Thanks for the response. So I cannot easily do what I want to do, but there is a way round it. I've created a default form with everything I'm likely to need in it, then I can simply delete the bits I don't need for any specific purpose. Just have to get the maths right when changing the positioning the remaining fields! Works for moving fields alongside each other, too.