out of order data

Issues related to forms.
bry

out of order data

Post by bry »

I have a form but the data comes in out of order. The test site is http://www.test12.info/testcontactform/ ... ctinfo.php

The data comes in like this:

Values submitted from web site form:
IP Address : 96.cc.zz.xx
FirstName1 : one
Spouse :
SI Phone :
Cell Phone Number :
Email :
Property :
EN Street Address :
Last : two
Directions :
AwayPhone :

It should come in the following order - FirstName, LastName, Spouse, SI Phone, Away Phone, Cell Phone, Email, Property, EN Street Address, Directions.

thanks
BaconFries

Re: out of order data

Post by BaconFries »

The order of form fields can be changed using the 'Arranges Objects' in the context menu of the form.
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks Baconfries

I will try again as soon as I get home. Do you see why the success page is so narrow? It is supposed to be 1000 pixels wide.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The max-width property of the text is set to 4 pixels.
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks Pablo, it is my wife's birthday and we are still having brunch.

I will check that as soon as I get back. Where is that setting???

Thanks again!!!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can set the max-width of text in the text's properties.
bry

Post by bry »

I could not find that setting. So I opened the success page with notepad++ and didn't see the 4 px width limit. Then I opened success.css with notepad++ and found and changed it. But I have never had to do that before. In all the years of using WB, I have never had this happen. I did just update to WB15. It seems that it did something differently. But I do not know what.

I will study that later, but right now I have to fix the problems with the form.

Thanks for your help.
bry

Post by bry »

BaconFries wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:34 pm The order of form fields can be changed using the 'Arranges Objects' in the context menu of the form.
HI BaconFries,
I went to Arange Objects with right click on form and found the last name object which was number 7 in the list. So I clicked on Move Up until it was the the second items in the list. I then published and the result is a page that is very screwed up. You can see it at:

http://www.test12.info/testcontactform/ ... ctinfo.php

I just took a look at the WB page and I see that it messed up the page in WB. So I am going back and trying to get it back in order. Am I wrong about only having to Move Up or Move Down on the WB Form??? That seems to have killed the form. I have a copy of the original saved but I need to know how to arrange the order of items.

Thanks much for your help. You are always generous with your help!! And I appreciate you more than you know!
bry

Post by bry »

i have discovered - must have forgotten - that I need to stack the editboxes vertically for them to tab correctly. I had the Last Name box out to the right of First Name and that is what messed it up.

Also, I have gone back to version 14. It seems to work better for me.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This has nothing to do with how you have placed the objects (vertically/stacked etc) or WB15.
You can set the tab order with the 'Set Tab order' tool. This should work in all browsers because this is standard HTML functionality.

See also:
https://caniuse.com/#feat=tabindex-attr