Phone call duration - Start and stop timers

Issues related to forms.
lac8383

Phone call duration - Start and stop timers

Post by lac8383 »

I am trying to create a simple dashboard that can be used by departmental personnel to track phone calls and other activities with their duration (start and stop times).
For example, when a phone call is received, I want to be able to click a button that starts recording time and when the phone call ends, click another button that ends the timer and posts the results without manually entering the start and stop times. The goal is to make it one click for the end user without manual typing.

I want the start and stop times to be displayed but I am not having luck with form buttons, events and/or timer functions to accomplish this. I have the main page with the form, the success and failure pages setup. Testing works as the success page comes up, I receive my email but the start and stop timer values I want to see don't show. The results do not display any start and stop recording information that I desire.

I have previously created forms that capture entered text, combo box, date picker information and sends that information to my email but I am not having any success for something that would appear to be fairly simple.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards
Leo
Pablo

Re: Phone call duration - Start and stop timers

Post by Pablo »

There is no standard solution for this, this will require a custom script.
You can add custom code via the HTML object.
BaconFries

Re: Phone call duration - Start and stop timers

Post by BaconFries »

Maybe this will start you in the right direction...
http://jsfiddle.net/hUYZv/1/