Enabling autoresponder causes whole page not to display

Issues related to forms.
Dave_F

Enabling autoresponder causes whole page not to display

Post by Dave_F »

Hi there

Can anyone suggest a reason why a form that displays and works fine would simply not display once the autoresponder is enabled?

The form is on a separate .php page that appears in an iFrame if the user selects a certain choice on how to pay for a service. The page appears fine and the form works. But once I enable the autoresponder, nothing appears in the iFrame.

I'm using v15.2.

best wishes

Dave
Pablo

Re: Enabling autoresponder causes whole page not to display

Post by Pablo »

Do you have the latest build (November 10, 2019)?
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Dave_F

Post by Dave_F »

Thanks Pablo, yes, downloaded today as I noticed the update addressed an autoresponder issue.

I've uploaded the page in question again, and cleared the cache on my browser, so I'm pretty sure I'm testing a version saved using the latest WYSIWYG version. I've also opened the page in a new browser window, and it behaves the same way -- ok without responder, does not load with it enabled: 'HTTP ERROR 500 This page isn’t working'.

Incidentally, depending on how the user answers a filter question, either of two other forms will load in the iFrame, and both work fine with autoresponder enabled. So I don't think it's a problem with the parent page.

Thanks

Dave
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, to see the generated PHP code.

However, I think you will need to make absolutely sure that you are using the latest build. Because the issue with auto responder has already been addressed a few weeks ago.
Dave_F

Post by Dave_F »

Thanks Pablo. I made sure I was using the latest build, and then thought I'd run the php code through an online syntax checker rather than burden you with the chore.

It turns out the problem was that I had used single quotes within the autoresponder message subject field in WYSIWYG. When the resulting code was generated, the quotes were rendered as ' rather than \'.

In the message body, WYSIWYG will put in the \, but not in the subject field it seems.

All displays and works fine now, including the generated autoresponder message.

Thanks!

Dave
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!