Printing forms

Issues related to forms.
trevorm

Printing forms

Post by trevorm »

Is there a way to print forms to pdf?

I would like to extract data from an MySQL DB using say, the extension "MySQL Connector" but could be any extension you suggest and thenI would like to email the pdf. Ideally this would be done in the one web page.

Alternatively, once the data is extracted from the Database into a form in a presentable format, export the form as a pdf as a down load to email to a recipient myself.

I have searched the various forums, extension notes and the WYSIWYG User manual and it is not mentioned.
Pablo

Re: Printing forms

Post by Pablo »

There is no standard option to print data, this require a third party script.
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

Do you know of one or where I might find out about it?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

If you have some basic php programming knowledge, then I'd suggest having a look at fpdf.org for a place to start.

Have a look at their site, as they have some good example scripts, and a few tutorials. I've used the program, and I can get some very good looking results.

YMMV...

Edit ... I just read the link of Pablo's response above, and it uses the same fpdf routine, so there.. two positive votes. LOL
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

Hello MGD4Me
Thanks for you assistance.
I did follow Pablos link but became quickly overwhelmed I’m afraid, as I’m not a programmer.
I spent several hours yesterday looking into it. I’m amazed there is not an extension - ha ho.

Thanks again