WB6 - Save project & associated files in one PORTABLE fo

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
me.prosenjeet

WB6 - Save project & associated files in one PORTABLE fo

Post by me.prosenjeet »

How to save your WB 6 project and the associated files in one PORTABLE folder

1) Create an empty folder (by any name) example "Project1" on your desktop.

2) Open your project in WB

3) Goto - > Menu>Tools>Options>Folders

4) In "Default Document Folder" browse and select the folder you just created (Project1).

5) Ensure "Asset Management" radio box under it is checked.

6) Click OK

7) Now Goto -> Menu>File>Save website as (Note: save it in the same folder you created in point 1 above)> Project1.wbs

8 ) Now click on "Save"

9) Now the folder you made in point 1 above will contain all the associated files of this project

10) Now you may copy this folder("Project1") and keep it anywhere, any drive, cd, dvd, pendrive and open it on WB later to use the project again(on your formatted computer put this folder in any drive (no need to put it in the default WB folder in 'My Documents') and open the .wbs on WB...all will work perfect. This becomes a PORTABLE folder and the project will open on any PC from this folder, irrespective of the location on the harddrive

11) Repeat this process for all your projects but name the folder and the .wbs differently...Project2, Project 3, Project4 or use the name of the site and the date updated...like I use "20.03.2010 lucknowwebs" for the folder and "20.03.2010_lucknowwebs.wbs"

12) Create a folder on your PC (name it "My Sites" or anything you like) preferably not on C drive and keep all the folders created in point 11 above in it and when ever you need to edit, save later in the same folder.... so your things will now remain organised :wink:
Last edited by me.prosenjeet on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
UncleEti

Re: WB6 - Save project & associated files in one PORTABLE fo

Post by UncleEti »

Hello,

I plan to reinstall WIN10. A kind of nightmare because I have also a home-studio wich uses huge sound librairies. So, your thread is useful for me. Just a remark. You can save your project being compressed (zip). It's a nice feature of WB ; before having noticed it (!), I had problems zipping my project by other means. Tks

(Oups, very old thread! :))
me.prosenjeet

Re: WB6 - Save project & associated files in one PORTABLE fo

Post by me.prosenjeet »

I am happy...even if it's an old post, it was useful for you :idea:
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com