Best Tip? Read the Manual! :)

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Enupnion

Best Tip? Read the Manual! :)

Post by Enupnion »

Hello all,

I'm a fairly new user of WYSIWYG Web Builder and I love the software. I also like how active this forum is and especially how active support is here. Fantastic! Answers are often given within the hour, if not sooner.

Having said that, and having visited this forum daily since getting a license of WB9, I have to say that a lot of the questions, a lot of the problems encountered by users of Web Builder come from simply not doing a search in Web Builder's help file and/or not viewing any of the online tutorials. Heck, there are even a few websites that offer free video tutorials for Web Builder (and do a fantastic job). Frankly, I am surprised at the patience that support has displayed here in face of some of the questions asked, simply pointing to the help file or linking to the page on their site that details the answer to the end-user's question ... answers that the end-user could have found for themselves with just a little search.

Web Builder is a fantastic piece of software that simplifies the complex process of having to code a website. But even though it makes this complex task easy, the software itself can be complex. And part of this is due to how much you can do with it. This means that, for many people, you cannot just dive in. Especially if you are not all that familiar with web design and development. So read the manual. Search the help files. Look at a few tutorials. And I would recommend doing that before posting a question to support. There is a certain pleasure in finding the answer for yourself.

So, the first 'tip': read the manual. It will help ... a lot. Or at least search through their help file before asking for help on the forum. In my opinion, the forum is the last place you go for help after all other options have been exhausted. But that's me. ;)

The second tip? Glad you asked. :) Learn a little about website development, even if you are not going to ever code a website. It will help you understand what can and cannot be done with HTML, CSS, etc. And this sort of knowledge may help you from attempting to do something with Web Builder that it is just not designed to do. And that cuts down on frustration for yourself.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming ... :P
Adendum

Re: Best Tip? Read the Manual! :)

Post by Adendum »

I have to agree 100% with this. I get a lot of 'dumb' questions about my extensions and 99 times out of a 100 the answer is in the help file I supply.

Saying that, I too am guilty of banging out the odd forum post and the occassional email to Pablo, only to find that the answer is staring at me in the face...if I looked hard enough...in the manual!
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!