WB10 Responsive Design Tips

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
nathaninidaho

WB10 Responsive Design Tips

Post by nathaninidaho »

I've been designing a responsive site in WB10 that uses master frames with headers and footers. A few things I've found helpful are:
-#1, go into the arrange menu and under guide settings select "lock page height". As you copy and paste items between breakpoints this will keep from confusing WB10 and causing frustration as to 'where did that item go' only to find WB10 auto extended the page and you can't find or select your item - it's somewhere off the screen.

-Use the new page header & page footer elements. They respond to your breakpoints properly whereas at this point, a relatively sizing layer tends to trip up if there's a full size nav bar that has to be hidden.

-On page headers, set the overflow to 'none' and then right click the header and select 'object html'. In the html under "custom style" enter "z-index: 100;" (without the qoutes of course) and this will make drop down menus work properly.

-Any items that are to be shared between breakpoints should be entered in on the smallest breakpoint first. This will ensure that in the larger breakpoint you'll be able to select it and move or adjust it.

These are just a few things I've found I thought I'd pass on.

Enjoy,
Nathan
electrochrisso

Re: WB10 Responsive Design Tips

Post by electrochrisso »

Thanks for the tips Nathan, perhaps this topic should be set to sticky.
WYSIWYG THE GREATEST Web Builder EVER
Infidal

Post by Infidal »

Thanks for those few tips on Responsive Web Design within WWD10.

How would you like to do an Idiots Guide to responsive web design, you know, a take me by the hand and lead me step by step into the murky world of Responsive design?
I'm sure i'm not on my own when i say i'n totally bewildered by all this responsiveness.
I'm also sure it would be welcomed by quiet a few folks out there :-)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Infidal

Post by Infidal »

support wrote:Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817

Aha, thank you Admin :D