Navigation Menus and making sites Responsive

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
donjohnson24

Navigation Menus and making sites Responsive

Post by donjohnson24 »

Perhaps the following is blindingly obvious, but it took me a while to work out, so I thought I would share my method for avoiding having to update Navigation Menus when modifying pages.

Initially, when making a page responsive I would make a new blank page, work on it, and when it was finished, rename the original to 'original-o', then rename the new page to 'original'. (Whilst working I would copy any wanted elements from 'original' onto the new page.)

Unfortunately, when renaming the original page, it changed its entry in Navigation Menus to 'original-o' and I had to go through all the menus to change it back to 'original' after I had renamed my new page. If I had a Master page containing the Navigation Menu, that would have been a simple job, but with Responsive pages using Layout Grids, it meant I had to make the change on each page.

To avoid these repeated changes, I realised that I could do the following:

Clone 'original', and rename it 'original-o'
Removed ALL the elements from 'original' (using Ctrl-a and Delete - but checking in the Object Manager for any strays)
Work on the 'original' page, copying any wanted elements from 'original-o' onto this page.

Thus the Navigation Menu entries would be unaffected (and the entries under page properties retained).

As stated, this may be how most people work anyway, but for 'thickos' like me it may be of some help. :roll: