Webshop Plus! v.2.0 for WWB7

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
uniformality

Post by uniformality »

Thanks Navaldesign, im on with it now

Regards

Paul
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Added PDF Manual in the zip, and also a stand alone downloadable PDF at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb6/Webs ... Manual.pdf
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

uniformality wrote:Thanks Navaldesign, im on with it now

Regards

Paul
Since the Cart page and the customer page have been modified, i suggest that you rebuild them using the new version or something might not work.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
uniformality

Post by uniformality »

Since the Cart page and the customer page have been modified, i suggest that you rebuild them using the new version or something might not work.
Thank you for the info. I have rebuilt the pages as suggested. Everything appears to work but i do get a warning error on the cart and checkout pages

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions as to what ive got wrong?

Thanks in advance
Paul
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hm... Where can i see that ? If you don't want to post it here, use my contact form to send me the link to your cart
www.dbtechnosystems.com
uniformality

Post by uniformality »

Hi Naval,

www.mywebsite.co.uk/products.php

the other pages cart, checkout etc are names as your demo

Thanks in advance
Paul
Last edited by uniformality on Sun May 10, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi Naval

I'm also getting the above warning on my test server http://simply.net46.net/intcart/ but not on my real server http://www.aivahealth.co.uk/test/. I'm guesing the PHP versions are different.

Also the 'your cart is empty' message seems not to show anymore if someone visits the cart without adding products (in the HTML box on the cart page -

Code: Select all

if ($itemcount == 0)
{
   $strHTML = "<h3>Your shopping cart is empty.</h3>";
}
else
The cart does not seem to recognise discount codes even if the purchase criteria is met. Just keeps saying 'Sorry, you are not eligible for a discount!'

Sorry, hope this helps.

Hopefully, one day I'll become a PHP master like yourself but still a way off yet.

Thanks
uniformality

Post by uniformality »

my php version is 5.2.6 it it helps anyone

Regards
Paul
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

PHP Version 5.2.6 on the real server (the one that works) with the message

PHP register globals
By default, PHP has register_globals switched off.
Our Windows, SSL and Linux servers have register_globals set to off.

shown on my account

and also Version 5.2.6 on the test server with
register_globals Off

Both are Linux servers if thats helpful

I also get the message when running on Quick and easy home server based on my pc (localhost) running version 5.2.2.

Cheers
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

uniformality wrote:
Thank you for the info. I have rebuilt the pages as suggested. Everything appears to work but i do get a warning error on the cart and checkout pages

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions as to what ive got wrong?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Hm... Although I don't know which part of the code causes this, you can try setting the error reporting to 0.

Go in the Start of Page of the pages that have the issue. you will see this line:

error_reporting(55);

Change it to error_reporting(0);

Save and puvblish again the pages.

Then let me know
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

kevinp wrote:PHP Version 5.2.6 on the real server (the one that works) with the message

PHP register globals
By default, PHP has register_globals switched off.
Our Windows, SSL and Linux servers have register_globals set to off.

shown on my account

and also Version 5.2.6 on the test server with
register_globals Off

Both are Linux servers if thats helpful

I also get the message when running on Quick and easy home server based on my pc (localhost) running version 5.2.2.

Cheers
Kevin, please look my last post about this warning message.

Regarding discounts and empty cart messages: it was my mistake, I've been working on this project from 3 different computers and although i pay enough attention, some updates i did on one computer were not carried over to the others, thus the issue.

Please download again and replace the code in Start of Page and in the HTML box in the Cart page.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I know what you mean. I also work between three different computers/portable hardrives and it can be difficult to keep track of sometimes.

I'll try setting the error reporting to 0.

Thank you for the work you've put in on sharing your shopping cart. It's a very useful addition to Web Builder and is much appreciated.

Thanks again
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Just tested it and it's working brilliantly.

At first I got a blank screen when adding to the cart etc but I noticed that the 'shipto_countries' file was missing from the admin folder so I added it from an earlier version I still had and it works perfectly.

Very nice indeed.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The shipto_countries file doesn't exist. It is created the very first time the Admin opens the "Shiiping Areas" and saves his choices.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
uniformality

Post by uniformality »

Hi Naval,

Did the modifications suggested and no errors are reported. Thanks for the assistance.
Regards

Paul
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

uniformality wrote:Hi Naval,

Did the modifications suggested and no errors are reported. Thanks for the assistance.
Regards

Paul
Hi Paul,

It would be good if you also replaced the code in the cart page (Start pof Page and html box). There was a bug in the promo codes calculation and the Empty Cart error message. Kevin has done so and it his cart is now fine
www.dbtechnosystems.com
uniformality

Post by uniformality »

Hi Naval,
It would be good if you also replaced the code in the cart page (Start pof Page and html box). There was a bug in the promo codes calculation and the Empty Cart error message. Kevin has done so and it his cart is now fine
Is there a new version to download to do this?

Thanks again for all you work and support
Regards
Paul
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, the one that is uploaded now has these issues solved. Simply download again.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

well, you could start by posting a link, so i can see myself. Then we can take it from there.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi,

This is not a cart issue, you have issues with how php has been setup in your hosting account.

Each PHP setup has a predefined path on the server where it stores the sessions details.

Seems like in your account this has not been correctly setup thus causing the issue.

I have met only once with this issue before. Since the hosting company would not solve this, i have solved it setting mt own sessions:save path. THis is done by adding a line in the config.php file, something like:

ini_set('session.save_path', '/path/to/public_html/cart_folder/php_sessions');

which will store session details in the subfolder "php_sessions" of the "cart_folder"

However this requires some php programming knowledge as you need to also modify one of the carts files to be able to include this line in config.php each time a new settings set is saved.

It would be far more easier if your hosting company can fix this (they need to recompile php with the correct session.save_path )
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

parcou wrote: however is still keeps 'United Kingdom' as my ship...
Did you upload the new file "set_shipping1.php" in the admin folder as suggested ?? And when i say new, i mean that i have uploaded exactly 50 minutes ago.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

parcou wrote: I still get 13.00 to ship on the first item instead of 8 for Ntl all for the US...must be my php pages
No, you have left the Minimum Shipping Charges to 7 and Handling charges to 6 (7+6=13)

Two of your items have shiiping 3 and 4 and the others don't have any.
Further more you have set the shipping fees calculation to be based on Cart Net Value, so the per item shipping is ignored
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

If in the Admin area you are setting as Origin country US and it does NOT save it, it means that you STILL have the buggy file set_shipping1.php instead of the new one! Maybe you have downloaded BEFORE the update ?

Also it seems that you have not updated the code in Start of Page and in the HTML box of the "cart" page
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

parcou wrote: I imported the new cart and copied the start code....then I put the start code in the original cart. Now the cart recalculates & does the promio...
As i said, you also need to replace the code in the HTML box.

Since i don't know when you built your "cart" page, it would also be wise to replace the countries dropdown (it has code embedded!)
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

parcou wrote: Side question. Promo discounts are whole dollar amounts. Is it possible to do 10, 20, 30% promo discounts off the total?
Not easily- Please understand that if i make any change i need to do it in a way that it can be done easily though the admin interface. So this implies a certain volume of work as both solutions should be available, easily, to anyone.
PS. I noticed the time stamp on my emails are one hour ahead...can I fix that?
That's because that is server time. Again, changes are required to make this adjastable through the interface.

For now, you can add this line in the thankyou page:

date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');

Replace America/New_York with your own timezone, as found in

http://it2.php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Should be like this:

<?php
session_start();

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
error_reporting(0);
date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');

require 'admin/config.php';
require 'admin/paypal_settings.php';

Rest of the code............
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Well, I am trying the new uploaded file.
This is demo and the link is : http://shop.lucknowwebs.net/
Whenever I am trying this page : http://shop.lucknowwebs.net/products.php
and clicking on "Add to cart"... I am being sent to the "Cart" page though nothing is displaying but a blank page.
That is http://shop.lucknowwebs.net/cart.php shows a blank page
Any help! :cry:
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Re: Web Shop Plus comments and questions

Post by Navaldesign »

Sandyfishgirl wrote:Here I go! I have spent three days building part of a web store using the WB6 Web Shop - only to find it is no longer supported :cry:
The normal webshop still exists and probably support would also provide tech assistance. But there is an abbyss between the two versions in terms of features and user friendliness.
The big question for me is tax in my state only - - I think the 'solution' may be to build the tax into the total price of an item. NOW, if I had products that cost 100's of dollars - they would be un-fair to everyone outside of my state. I think, smaller sales, under 100 dollars is not so bad??? At local shopping markets, MANY items are sold as a TOTAL amount - no tax break-down given. I would guess ? if they are a legal business, they do pay sales tax to the state? I will.
The real solution would be to have a checkbox in the cart page, that should be checked by those customers. Checking it would result in applying tax to that sale. However since this is not a built in feature a small piece of code would be required for this.
My second thought was, will I be able to use what I have built in WebShop in the WebShop Plus. If I read this forum correctly - it may just be a matter of copy & paste
You can use thevisual part, but the code in ALL pages as well as in the Cart and Thankyou pages HTML boxes, as well as the hidden fields in the products forms, are changed.
I also downloaded the Webshop Plus 2 manual. I will keep it open on my desktop as I upload the new shop zip file. Much of what I have seen so far looks "kind of" like an open source shopping cart I tried and gave up on. MAINLY because it was NOT easy to see how I could implement my OWN design into the cart. I have used WB5 and now WB6 to build over 10 websites, since 2007. I will say, I ALWAYS get help and very little 'scolding' when I don't understand something, here on the WB forum.
Webshop Plus was developed starting from the original Webshop. So, it is a WB6 project. With this said, you simply open the WB pages and make whatever changes are required to give those pages the same look as the rest of your site! Other Open Source carts are not specifically made for WB so it is hard to customize the look. This is not the case here.
OK - all of that said.... One of the posts in this section mentions, by Navaldesign
Especially when the upcoming versions

Does this mean there is a newer version coming soon?
Probably... But it will be a question of simply copying / pasting some code in your pages (to add features, like in example the State Specific Tax issue) OR uploading some files in the Admin Area.

As you understand this is a free project, and as such i only implement new features when i have spare time.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

What about reply to my query? :cry:

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You are really too impatient!

Did you setup the entire Admin area ? If not, you will be getting a blank page in the cart, because there are files missing.

You see, some of the necessary files are only created when you setup the Admin part.

This is especially true for the Ship to Areas Tab in the Admin interface. Click that tab, select at least some countries that you want to ship to, and click "Save" . This will create the necessary "shipto_countries.php" file.

Also set the Origin Country in the "Shipping Fees" tab and click on Save.

Test and let me know
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Sorry Naval, :oops:
That worked :D

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Webshop plus allows you to have optins (and price variations).

So you can setup a basic "product" (or service or donation) and set the other options as price variations.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Naval,
I have a similar issue. I want to get away with the quantity thing.
As in quantity it will always be 1.
I tried putting quantity in the hidden fields but then in the cart it shows quantity as zero.
I also wish to have a drop down price option like...
1) Pay $ 250 now
2) Pay $300 now
3) I will make the full payment of $500 now
and any one can be selected by the client and will be billed accordingly

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Navaldesign is this something for you?
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/fly-to ... th-jquery/
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Ne,

The hidden field for quantity MUST work. If it doesn't you have something wrong.

The basic option should be "Flat package" for product description, $100 as product Price (that corresponds to the minimum payment) then add as option name : Payment

and as option values:

1. Downpayment $100 (with value 0)
2. Downpayment $ 250 (with value +150)
3. Downpayment $500 (with value + 400)

As you see the basic price $100 plus the option price makes, for the 3 cases, $100, $250, $500
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Navaldesign wrote:Ne,

The hidden field for quantity MUST work. If it doesn't you have something wrong.

The basic option should be "Flat package" for product description, $100 as product Price (that corresponds to the minimum payment) then add as option name : Payment

and as option values:

1. Downpayment $100 (with value 0)
2. Downpayment $ 250 (with value +150)
3. Downpayment $500 (with value + 400)

As you see the basic price $100 plus the option price makes, for the 3 cases, $100, $250, $500
But in case the situation is:
1st Instalment is $130
2nd Instalment is $220
3rd Instalment is $100
and all the values are independent of each other.
A person will pay the first Instalment and then after somedays pay the second and then the third and it is not adding but individual figures to be charged

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Jerry82 wrote:Navaldesign is this something for you?
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/fly-to ... th-jquery/
Jery,

thank you for the heads up. Though it is very funcy, i (just my personal opinion) prefer the static carts that will display (as this does) the purchased items on the top corner. However, this can also be done, but Webshop plus is a free extra to WB users, so i prefer adding (whenever i have some time...) more features than just visual effects.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

One more question...instead of adding single items on the cart at a time, how about an option where the user checks the products he needs and at the end there would be a "Add to cart" button and when that is clicked all the selected products add to the cart at one time

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Me, the concept is the same.

Make the "service" as "Flat Package" with Price 0 (zero) and add the options as:

Option Name: Payment For:

Values:

1st Installment: $130 with value "1st Installment, +130"
2nd Installment: $220 with value "2ond Installment, +220"

and so on
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

me.prosenjeet wrote:One more question...instead of adding single items on the cart at a time, how about an option where the user checks the products he needs and at the end there would be a "Add to cart" button and when that is clicked all the selected products add to the cart at one time
EVERYTHING can be done.

However, i can't implement whatever single users want / ask for, or that would be an endless process.

Webshop Plus is a free cart. For more complicated features / special requests, DBTechnosystems (me, hehe) offers paid services.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Navaldesign wrote:
me.prosenjeet wrote:One more question...instead of adding single items on the cart at a time, how about an option where the user checks the products he needs and at the end there would be a "Add to cart" button and when that is clicked all the selected products add to the cart at one time
EVERYTHING can be done.

However, i can't implement whatever single users want / ask for, or that would be an endless process.

Webshop Plus is a free cart. For more complicated features / special requests, DBTechnosystems (me, hehe) offers paid services.
I know that Naval...and I also know you are a darling! :lol:

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Re: Different instructions?

Post by Navaldesign »

Sandyfishgirl wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit puzzled on this one. First let me say, I did delete the thankyou and checkout & removed the #1 from the remaining.

The manual (Adobe zip) says
"The Thank You page URL is most important, as this is the page where your visitors will be redirected after a PayPal payment."
"Keyword" here being after.

Once in the actual program, I see on the Check Out Page
"After submitting your order, a PayPal Pay Now button will appear, please click it to proceed to secure payment through PayPal. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account, or to create one, you can simply pay with your credit card if so you desire."
And on the Thank You Page, in the program it says
"Your order has been successfully placed!
A confirmation email has been sent to your email address."

On this page, there is an HTML for the PayPal - to pay.

SO - my question is where does the shopper go - after PayPal? If I remember correctly, this is a setting in my PayPal account. I wonder, if I have more than one "store" (website) how does PayPal handle that? I already collect from another website - with just a PayNow button. I'll visit their site & see. I have more to learn about multiple stores.
The customer is returned to whatever page you have set in the PayPal settings (admin area) as PayPal Thankyou page. This is a per transaction page. It is not affected nor it will affect settings you have in your PayPal profile.

1) If I wanted to change the text on any button; example - to change "Order Now!" to "Purchase" - is this ok to do?
Yes
2) Is there an option to the button style on the PayPal HTML ?
"http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but6.gif"
If you have the knowledge and you know the path to the image you want, you can change it as required.
3) In the head of all pages within the shop I read:
<title>Web Shop Home</title>
<meta name="author" content="Pablo Software Solution - DBTechnosystems">
<meta name="description" content="A free but powerfull and flexible Shopping Cart Script developed for WYSIWYG Web builder users">
<meta name="generator" content="WYSIWYG Web Builder - http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com">
This meta tag information is great for you - but not helpful with the SERPS for my website. Viewing the HTML on my site pages only allows viewing - not edits in this area. How can I edit this area?
Not sure what you are talking about. If you mean the public pages, since these are WB Project pages, you can change them as you would normally do.

ps - I'm only now setting up my admin - pretty cool so far[/quote]
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

This is the HTML View Window, you can't edit anything there!

Go in Page Properties, Meta Tags, and edit the content as required.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

:D NP!
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Naval, have a look at this cart...still under construction though and needs lot of changes.
http://lucknowwebs.com.au/shop/products.php
Select a product and add to cart...now...
--Try to recalculate by putting '0' as quantity
--Try to Checkout
--Try to Continue Shopping
Every time it is refreshing the "Cart" page. Sure something is wrong somewhere

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Thanks parcou and Naval,
I could sort out the issue on 2 out of the three buttons.
This is the webshop... http://lucknowwebs.com.au/shop/
The issues faced:
1) The button "Continue Shopping" (name= "action") on the cart page is giving this :
Not Found
The requested URL /products.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I guess it is looking for http://lucknowwebs.com.au/products.php but actually it should look for http://lucknowwebs.com.au/shop/products.php

2) While checking out if one selects any option other than Paypal, and without filling in the credit card details if you click on "Order Now" it gives a thankyou for purchasing page!! How can we use the other payment options?

4) Can the "Form Processor" extension used in the forms that sends mail to the seller and the buyer as after seeing the quality of mails we get through that extension...the webshop mail was like Ohhhhh Nooooo!

5) What is this page for?
--full_product_form

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

me.prosenjeet wrote:The issues faced:
1) The button "Continue Shopping" on the cart page is giving this :
Not Found
The requested URL /products.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I guess it is looking for http://lucknowwebs.com.au/products.php but actually it should look for http://lucknowwebs.com.au/shop/products.php
Me, i believe that you have notbeen through the Admin Area as you should. I'm not anywhere close my computer where i have Webshop Plus, but, if i recall there is a "Continue Shopping URL" field. If you set this URL correctly, you will have no issues.
2) While checking out if one selects any option other than Paypal, and without filling in the credit card details if you click on "Order Now" it gives a thankyou for purchasing page!!
Certainly ! You have to implement the form validation yourself. With your own error messages etc. Most users don't even want credits cards details to be collected on their website as this would create them issues with the CCIndustry security standars.
Please note that i have transformed the standard Webshop, BUT i totally disagree with collecting cc details on the site for the following reason:
The cc details are emailed through the script. This means that they "travel" through NON secure chanels.
Since they are NOT stored on the server, there is neither the possibility to retrieve these details through a SSL certificate. So this situation is against the CC Indystry security standards.
3) How to remove other payment options and show only Paypal when it comes to payment?
Again read more carefully my post. You will see that you do have this option, in two ways: either using the appropriate pages (as explained in my first thread) OR by simply removing the other options from the dropdown, OR deleting the dropdown and adding a hidden field with the same name as the dropdown and value PayPal
4) Can the "Form Processor" extension used in the forms that sends mail to the seller and the buyer as after seeing the quality of mails we get through that extension...the webshop mail was like Ohhhhh Nooooo!

It can be done, but i don't intend to, at least not soon. The Webshop Plus has already taken lots of my time to develop and support, and as a free cart i believe that it is ok. It is not a paid job
5) What are these three pages for?
--thankyou1
--checkout1

For PAypal only
--full_product_form
This is a full form template, with all possible options, to use as a template to create your own product forms.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

A small question... again lol

On my cart I have used the paypal only pages.
When the order is finally placed the customer gets this message on this page - thankyou.php :
"Thank you for your order.

Your order has been successfully placed!
A confirmation email has been sent to your email address."
And below it is the Paypal button which when clicked takes one to the Paypal payment page.
It doest explains that the customer is supposed to click on the "Paypal" button or may go unnoticed.Owing to this I had to edit the lines to
"Thank you for your order.

Your order has been successfully placed!
A confirmation email has been sent to your email address.
NOTE :Your order will be processed once you click on the Paypal Button below to make the payment"

How to make it such that once the order is placed, the Thankyou page opens and displays for about 5-6 second and then the Customer is redirected to the Paypal payment page

...And...

Instead of sending the order confirmation info before actually the payment is made, is it possible to send it when the used makes the payment and is redirected to the success page.

I know it is a big ask for a free script but these small things if incorporated will make this perfect script beat any high end shopping script

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Well, I believe that a customer that sees a PayPal button SHOULD understand that he must click it. Anyway the wording is only up to you.

A PayPal button is a form, that POSTs the data to the PayPal site. There is no way to redirect (because it is not a redirect, but a submission) to the PayPal page unless you use sockets or the CURL library. Since not all servers support socket or CURL this is a case by case option, which you can implement yourself if you like.

Last, to send the order confirmation AFTER payment, you must create a PayPal "listener" script that will receive the PayPal IPN feedback. I have this feature in my pro cart but i do not intend to add it in this free cart. As said before, there is a paid service for such advanced features.
Last edited by Navaldesign on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Navaldesign wrote:As said before, there is a paid service for such advanced features.
Just inquisitive, how much is that for in USD?

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com