Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Patrik iden

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.0 RC (Release Candidate)

Post by Patrik iden » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 pm

The orders are also emty for me.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:34 pm

It can be either one or the other. I prefer to have everything in a separate "cart" folder so the root directory remains neat. If you have published on both the root and the "cart" folders, they will both function, but only one of the two will be actually active, depending on the link you have used in your menu. Please also note that you must set the administration backend of the one that is actually active.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm

The first patagraph is a summary paragraph. So the steps are actually the ones that are mentioned under 1. , 2. etc.

So when you say that the "cart" folder is already there" it is because of the above.

Regarding the "admincart" folder, sorry, my mistake and thank you for pointing this to me, it is supposed to be the "cart" folder.

Of course, if you use one of these modern FTP clients, you can skip step 4. as by simply dragging / dropping it will create the "cart" folder on the server.

Regarding tthe WB8 folder creation:

Please note that this happems because in the demo project I have this structure:

webshop_plus_3
--->WB8
--->webshop_plus_v3

When YOU open the project instead in WWB, you should replace this folder structure with the one YOU need.

The first one is simply the project name as I have saved it, and it is not important.

The second one (WB8) is the folder where I wanted to publish the project. In your case it is not useful.

So please do this:

1. In WWB8's Site Manager, Drag and drop the entire "webshop_plus_v3" under the top "webshop_plus_3"
2. Remove the (at this point empty) "WB8" folder from the Site Manager
3. Rename the folder "webshop_plus_v3" to "cart"

In the final release all these small issues will be fixed / cleared.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Not sure what you mean, why can't the "cart.php" page be moved together with the rest of the pages ?

Also please note that the "cart" folder on the server is supposed (according to the Tutorial example" to be in the "root" folder, the content is inside the "cart" folder.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

You can use as many product pages you like, with as many products per page you like, and with whatever name you like. Make user to assign each product a unique ID although the cart doesn't take the ID into consideration and will work anyway.

Pleae change the email address in the "thankyou" page DBTS Form Processor, as ALL your test submissions are coming to me.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Not sure what you mean.

The backend allows you to change the labels used in the "public" cart pages. They should not affect, in anyway, anything else.

Please clarify.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I can't reproduce this. I can change Grand Total to whatever I want, and it displays fine.

See for yourself in http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/WB8/webshop_plus_v3_0 where I changed it to Total Amount, for testing purposes, and it works fine.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Sorry, you talked about the cart. Now you are talking about the backend. I will check and let you know.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Ok, I see what you mean.

Let me explain:

When the very first order is made, the script creates the file orders_list.php (in the "admin" folder)
The file uses the labels that are active at that moment, as keys for the array where the values are stored before they are displayed on the page.

So, if you have made the first order using as label "Grand Total", ANY change you make to the labels will result in no values found.

Solution:

AFTER you have decided what fields you want and HOW you want to name them, connect with FTP and delete the files "orders_list.php" and "ordered_products.php" from the server.
Then make a new order through the cart, completing all fields. It will then display everything fine.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:25 pm

You can change the field labels (captions) through the Admin area, "Custom field settings"

Please note that once you do so, you MUST delete the files "orders_list.php" and "ordered_products.php" from the server, and make a new order, so the script will create the new files with the new labels in your own language.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Yes, that's the idea behind this: only change the label (caption). If you also change the first part, you must change the field name in the form.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Which text is in english ????

If you mean the header and footer of the mails, you simply double click the DBTS Form Processor object in the "thankyou" page, and set the Admin mail and Auto mail headers in the related properties.

Please read the instructions of DBTS Form Processor. but do NOT modify the email template and Database / File storage settings that have come as default.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

bcfl

Post by bcfl » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 am

I am trying to test v.3.0RC using local server (xampp) which I use to do most testing, and I get to step 5 of the install instructions
Step 5. Upload the entire “cart” folder content from your computer into the “cart” folder on the
site. With most modern FTP software it is enough to drag and drop the “admincart” folder into the
site “root” directory. At this point you can also test the cart although you haven’t yet set the
details.

and when I go to my cart folder I get the following:

8", "bb" => "10", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $promo_min = array("aa" => "50", "bb" => "80", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $promo_type = array("aa" => "amount", "bb" => "amount", "" => "amount", "" => "amount", "" => "amount", "" => "amount"); $promo_start = array("aa" => "2011-12-06", "bb" => "2011-12-10", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $promo_end = array("aa" => "2012-12-31", "bb" => "2011-12-26", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $recalculate_label="Recalculate"; $checkout_label="Check out"; $continue_label="Continue Shopping"; $customer_extra_fields="firstname, First name lastname, Last name email, Email address address, Address address2, Address 2 city, City zip, ZIP state, State country, Country phone, Phone fax, Fax"; $checkout_extra_fields="shipfirstname, Delivery First name shiplastname, Delivery Last name shipaddress, Delivery Address shipcity, Delivery City shipzip, Delivery ZIP shipstate, Delivery State comments, Comments & Instructions paymenttype, Payment Type cardname, Credit Card holder name cardno, CC number ccvno, CCV Number cardmonth, CC Expiry Month cardyear, CC Expiry Year"; $custom_fields="field1 , Field1 Caption field2 , Field2 Caption field 3, Field3 Caption"; $customer_fields_names[]="firstname"; $customer_fields_captions['firstname']="First name"; $customer_fields_names[]="lastname"; $customer_fields_captions['lastname']="Last name"; $customer_fields_names[]="email"; $customer_fields_captions['email']="Email address"; $customer_fields_names[]="address"; $customer_fields_captions['address']="Address"; $customer_fields_names[]="address2"; $customer_fields_captions['address2']="Address 2"; $customer_fields_names[]="city"; $customer_fields_captions['city']="City"; $customer_fields_names[]="zip"; $customer_fields_captions['zip']="ZIP"; $customer_fields_names[]="state"; $customer_fields_captions['state']="State"; $customer_fields_names[]="country"; $customer_fields_captions['country']="Country"; $customer_fields_names[]="phone"; $customer_fields_captions['phone']="Phone"; $customer_fields_names[]="fax"; $customer_fields_captions['fax']="Fax"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipfirstname"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipfirstname']="Delivery First name"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shiplastname"; $checkout_fields_captions['shiplastname']="Delivery Last name"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipaddress"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipaddress']="Delivery Address"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipcity"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipcity']="Delivery City"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipzip"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipzip']="Delivery ZIP"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipstate"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipstate']="Delivery State"; $checkout_fields_names[]="comments"; $checkout_fields_captions['comments']="Comments & Instructions"; $checkout_fields_names[]="paymenttype"; $checkout_fields_captions['paymenttype']="Payment Type"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardname"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardname']="Credit Card holder name"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardno"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardno']="CC number"; $checkout_fields_names[]="ccvno"; $checkout_fields_captions['ccvno']="CCV Number"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardmonth"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardmonth']="CC Expiry Month"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardyear"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardyear']="CC Expiry Year"; $custom_fields_names[]="field1"; $custom_fields_captions['field1']="Field1 Caption"; $custom_fields_names[]="field2"; $custom_fields_captions['field2']="Field2 Caption"; $custom_fields_names[]="field 3"; $custom_fields_captions['field 3']="Field3 Caption"; $display_custom_fields="Do not display custom fields page"; $cart_redirect="customer.php"; $customer_redirect="checkout.php"; $checkout_redirect="thankyou.php"; $custom_details_redirect="customer.php"; $uploadfolder="custom_uploads"; $allowed_extensions="jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, doc, xls"; $max_filesize="4"; ?>
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\config.php:202) in D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\index.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\config.php:202) in D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\index.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\config.php:202) in D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\index.php on line 6

My permissions seem to be correct, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the assistance

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:39 am

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

The above code seems to be the "config.php" file of the cart.

But I don't understand what you mean when saying "and when I go to my cart folder I get the following:
". I also don't understand why this is only a part of the full code.

I don't think this is a permissions issue, but since you are testing on xampp, you should set it to NOT report errors and messages. However there is no much help or advise I can provide for local systems.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 pm

No, it isn't possible.

However, it believe that you have a point here. Probably the mini frame should only display value net of shipping. I'll give it a thought.
www.dbtechnosystems.com