% DISCOUNT

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Joel

% DISCOUNT

Post by Joel »

I want to offer my customers a percentage discount which will depend on how much they spend, so 10% off, 15% off and 20% off.
Pay Pal doesn't offer a function like that but they told me it can be incorporated and set up on my website and linked to my Pay Pal account.
I wonder if someone could help me, please.
Navaldesign

Re: % DISCOUNT

Post by Navaldesign »

Which shop are you using ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Joel

Post by Joel »

Which shop? I wanted to use Pay Pal which is included in WYSIWYG 7. Is that what you mean? Or to form the buttons in Pay Pay and copy the html into WYSIWYG.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

What PayPal says, is that this feature can be set in some shops. However, the WWB standard Add to Cart buttons use PayPal's own cart, so there is no such feature.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok you can try adding this to the PayPal button under "Extra variables"
Name =discount_rate this tells PayPal that the discount is a Percentage of the Main Price
Value= 20 this tells PayPal that the amount of discount to be applied 20 being 20% of the Main Price

See image below
discountpaypay.jpg
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Bacon,

but how will this deal with variable discounts depending on quantity (or value) ?

Furthermore, this will deal with only one of the products. How can he deal with different products, changing the discount % as the order value increases ?

How is it going with your health issue ? (sorry for spamming this thread) ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

HI George yer I totally agree that this will only work on one item in the cart, was just showing a example of applying a percentage discount to the WB PayPal object...here is a small demo using the same prinicpal using three items with various costs and shipping and the discount applied for the total spend not individually discount on each item. This demo may be what he requires

The health is pretty much the same I have been asked (told well ordered) to cut down on how much time I spend on PC/Laptop so I am just popping in now and again to the forum...I appreciate your concern thanks...and no your not spamming...I would say that you are more or less the PayPal Guy with the answers, I just toy around with it anyway take a look at the wee example, as I mention this may or may not be what he needs...
paypaldiscount.zip
Joel

Post by Joel »

Which version of WYSIWYG do I need to open it as I cannot do it in mine?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Baconfries, me and most other members use WWB 8.5.2 (last version).

WWB7 is no longer supported.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As Naval has already mentioned you will need to use WB8.5.2 to be able to open the files (Demo) I provided. you could install a "Demo" version of 8.5.2 and then open the file this will allow you to see the code used...