webshop

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
a6strng

webshop

Post by a6strng »

I went to this as I saw in another topic. I like it! http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/webshop.html I noticed the site manager has it's own index page, along with all the other pages. If my website has an index page, can I have 2 index pages? Basically how do Incorporate this in to my site? Normally I would start a new page, then use an extension on it. this is a bit tricky for me. I get that the demo is the one with the it's own index page. Can I somehow import the demo in?
Pablo

Re: webshop

Post by Pablo »

I strongly recommend to try the demo in a separate folder on your website first.
Once you understand how it works you can integrate the scripts in your own website.

You can only have one index page in the root, but the main page of the webshop can be renamed to anything you want.
a6strng

Re: webshop

Post by a6strng »

I'm getting the hang of this. Thank you. My product is picture frames. I will need to add a form control box for a customer to type in a photo # to be included with the product frame. I'm guessing this is the part where I must make sure the session variable names match for the added control in the html code. What page would be ideal for this. (the products page, or the collecting the customer info page?) I just need it to be reflected in the checkout. The checkout should show the price of the product and the correct photo ID# together. That way I see their ordering of the frame they want (which will be the product) and the photo to be included. Thank you