Google Maps API v3 ***Re-Released 17/07/2014*** (Deprecated)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
smartmedia

Re: Google Maps API v3 ***Update 07/06/11***

Post by smartmedia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 pm

I do not like your attitude mate.. If you're upset from something else is not my fault. I was only make some comments.
infogate
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I dont like your attitude That's all for now. I took this as A INSULT hence me writing the way I did... and again if you dont like the extension move on use another or make your own....and just to let you know I am happy to make any fix that needs making when it is asked nicely....but when I feel I have been insulted I will speak back...

harrismail

Post by harrismail » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 am

Hi BF I wonder if you've got a minute whether you could have a look at something strange going on with Googlemaps on IE and FF with my website.

The website is www.theoldchapel.co.uk and if you click on the link "Map of the Area" you will see the pushpin. If you click on that you will see a hyperlink to Google Streetmap.
Now the streetmap view used to look fine in both IE and FF but now it looks odd in IE and fine with FF6/7.

In IE 8/9 it starts off in a slightly different position and also looks distorted - but if you click on the same link in FF6/7 it works as it always did?

Any ideas as to why this has happened?

Much appreciated
Steve

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Ok I have looked at the map, and the url you have in the bubble, and it does look disorted in IE :? and not in FF, if you just use the url by itself, inserted into IE address bar and view it is also distored, so this tells me it is nothing to do with the extension, but how IE it rendering the page which is infact using flash to display the streetview, you can see this yourself by looking at the following url which you are using, so it is a browser issue(IE) which the extension has no control over, it also looks like the url is using a older version on the map code (API v2) in the flash that IE cant render the same as Firefox...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... ed&layer=c

harrismail

Post by harrismail » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for the info.

Is there anything I can do to make it work in both IE and FF? like changing the url to make it work? or maybe using the v3 api - if possible??

It's not a biggy as it "kind of" still works in IE ;-)

Steve

pisoft

Post by pisoft » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Hallo BaconFries,

Your tool works very well, but is it possible that the informatie Window is open bij display the location?

Thanks for your support.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 pm

No sorry the information window will only open/display after the user has clicked on the location pin or icon used...

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 am

Hey BaconFries,

Can this extension have multiple "spots" on the same .php page, as done on this website's page:

http://willbanksmetals.com/Contact

?
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 am

You should be able to use as many maps as you want, aslong as each map has its own reference , by this googlemap.html, googlemap1.html etc etc...

zinc

Post by zinc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 am

BF I am not sure if you have mentioned this but I find this site useful for your extension

http://www.getlatlon.com/

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Tnx B for the ups on this site...I have never used it but it will come in handy, when I do a update of the extension when required and will add the url to the pdf ....

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Is this compatible with WB8?

And where is the download link for this Extension?
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Actually, now that I am reading the updates on the first page of this topic:

http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 42&t=21331

And then also reading on two of Google's web-pages:

1) http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html

2) http://code.google.com/apis/maps/docume ... avascript/

Now I'm wondering: do we even use an extension to use Google Maps in WB8 anymore? If we do, I used an older version of the Maps extension that you made, BaconFries, but now I am wanting to make sure I have the newest version of the Google Maps Extension, if we are still to use one. Where is the download link for it?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:06 pm

The Google map extension available does use API v3 it also does not require you to insert a API Key as previous versions of the map...this is documented in the very first post oif the extension. So the urls that you pointed me to are exactly what the map has been using since 07/06/11 it was origibally made for version 7.x.x but it will work it WB8

From the first page

This version of the google map was built with Extension builder 2.6.0 and is for WB 7.x.x
Google Maps Javascript API Version 3
"I ask that all users update to this version of the extension as Google maps v2 official Javascript API has been officially deprecated as per Googles deprecation policy."
Please note that this is no longer a translated version but a total rebuild of the map using the latest API.

The Google Maps Javascript API lets you embed Google Maps in your own web pages. Version 3 of this API is especially designed to be faster and more applicable to mobile devices, as well as traditional desktop browser applications.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Ok, thanks, BaconFries.

But now I am wondering where the download link is for the extension? I tried going to:

http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/extensions.html

But I am not seeing it there. Here is a screenshot of the "Google Map" extensions I have that are, I believe, hold-overs from previous versions of WB I had, and I am not sure if I have the most current Google Maps extension or not. AND I am not sure which one is yours, BaconFries, because I think I downloaded one or more that were other Google Map extensions. Here's an image:

http://www.ktravisj.com/googlemapextensions.png
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com