HighSlide JW Player ***DEPRECATED***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Hi BaconFries

Now I see. I needed to add the ";" character, then the z-index. That went right over my head - long week here as well.

It's working now. Thank you so much.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Welcome as always.... :D just not enough hours in the days sometimes to do what I need to do....wish I could carry the hours I dont use over to the next lol
protectourlands

Hi BaconFries

Just one more thing. The Alt tag is not producing a tooltip image. Is it possible to add a title tag as well? Sorry to keep bugging you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmm opps I forgot to add the title tag I know the alt tag is there I will add this later tonight and make a new uploaded for this thanks for the pointer...
protectourlands

You're the best!

We need 25 hour days. It always seems I'm 1 hour short.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 02/01/10***
clubfred

Would like to buy a license...but

Post by clubfred »

Hi Baconfries I would like to purchase a license for this player, but i don't seem to be able to get it to work, I have many extension in web builder and all work ok, but having trouble here, does the page need to be .php?

Also can I test it on my temp server while I build the site site before i get the license?

it looks like it is the type of player I need.

Is there a tutorial for it somewhere?

Cheers
Fred
clubfred

Post by clubfred »

Whoops, here is the link to the temp server and page that I have it on.

http://67.222.21.208/index.php

cheers
Fred
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It looks ok on your test url and plays just fine the only thing that I see wrong is that the image you have used for the onclick is missing this is down to it being named incorectly any image or images used for your site should never have any spaces in the name like below it should be like...
What yours looks like:
sureslim wellness clinics safe easy weightloss.gif
What it should be:
sureslimwellnessclinicssafeeasyweightloss.gif
sureslim-wellness-clinics_safe_easy_weightloss.gif

To purchase please visit here
Commercial Single Website
http://highslide.com/buynow-single.php
Commercial Unlimited
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?c ... Id=1752226

You may use on your test site for testing purpose only........
clubfred

Post by clubfred »

That's weird, all I see in FF, is a the player wireframe, a red dot, the text, but nothing works, tried it in explorer, almost the same, but the link was clickable, but then said you needed to update your flash player...

Can't have customers being asked to update their flash players.

I thought this would just play from the site, and not have to worry about if people had the proper players installed...maybe it's not what I need?

But it looks like a good one, any ideas why I can't see it in my browser?
Also does it matter if the page is .html or .php

Thanks for your time.
Cheers
The Fred
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi just checked in all five main browsers I use for testing and seems to be ok with me although I am just previewing in WB. When you use FF and you dont have the FF version of Flash installed it will ask you to do so even though you already have it installed for Windows IE FF requires its own versions of plugins apart from those already installed for IE etc...not much I can do about this...If your customers choose not too install it... In the extension you may have noticed a variable named Add a Z-Index please read what it says and insert this z-index 1001 this may help the FF issue....other than that I dont understand why it not working....and no it doesnt matter if the page extension is set to php or html as you have remove the page I cant check what version of doctype you were using but I would suggest using XHTML 1.0 over HTML 4.01
clubfred

Post by clubfred »

thanks for that bacon fries
Last edited by clubfred on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks for the other fred sorry to say I not a programmer in anyway I get by with the extensions :D and can make minor changes to bits and pieces of the javascript and the css used in the scripts that are used for building extensions as they are already made scripts I just try to make it easier for everyone to be able to insert into WB with as much or little knowledge of html/xhtm/php etc...maybe make a posting in the general topics some of the more experienced coders maybe able to help again thanks for the offer for safety remove your email address dont want them spambots picking it up.... :shock:
protectourlands

I'm having trouble with this 6.5 version. When a z-index is applied, the location of the player image relocates to the top of the page when previewed.

Also, I cannot resize the highslide viewer that opens, no matter what sizes I attribute to Object Height and Object Width in the main settings.

The page is set for 4.01 Transitional. I didn't have these issues in the pre 6.5 version.

Any ideas Baconfries?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Evening protectourlands I will take a look at this tomorrow sometime and see what is wrong and will post any finding and if needed Iwill upload any fix that needs to be pust in place....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi protectourlands I have managed to take a look and can see what is wrong with changing the size of the object width, height I will sort this later tonight...I cant see what is wrong with the z-iindex but I will modify it so is easier to input the required data thanks for pointing this out
protectourlands

I think I made the same mistake that I did several months ago on the z-index. Instead of entering just the number, you have to include the Z-index attribute. I apologize Baconfries.

Thank you for looking into the size issue.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@protectourlands updated extension is now available for download fixed issue with sizing of video,also you can now add the size of the z-order
Example: 3000 unlike before when you had to do this Example ;z-index 3000....please see PDF.....

@ksimms glad you like the extensions....note that there is a update to fix a couple of issues that protectourlands brought to my attention...

New download available at the usual place....
protectourlands

Resizing works great now BaconFries. Thank you for addressing that.

I've also just noticed that the Stretching attributes do not adjust the view when applying. I get the same black border around the video regardless. (exact fit, fill, none, uniform)

I'm wondering if you would also consider adding a title tag in addition to the alt tag. The alt tag does not provide the intended mouseover. I believe the title tag would do that instead.
mlsto

Post by mlsto »

Hello,

Does this extension use streaming protocols eg rtmp://streamingserver/url.flv

Tried it but not working or it must be a file you host.

Thanks for any help.
zinc

Re: HighSlide JW Player ***UpDated*** 10/01/11

Post by zinc »

BF How do I apply "Skins" to this control?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi mate, Ok I have never tried to add skins to the extension but I do know that not all skins will work depends on what version of the JW is used. From memoery if I am right you need to place theskins in the same folder as the player.swf file, it been a while since I have read this at JW now longtail you might get more info there sorry...
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Hi mate, Ok I have never tried to add skins to the extension but I do know that not all skins will work depends on what version of the JW is used. From memoery if I am right you need to place theskins in the same folder as the player.swf file, it been a while since I have read this at JW now longtail you might get more info there sorry...
No problem make. I did place the files there but it did not make a difference. There is an XML file that comes with each skin and I have a feeling you need to make your code aware of this XML (How? your guess is as good as mine.)

Hope you are keeping well. :D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok a look at the longtail site I found this..
If the skin has a swf file then you need to add this into the code If you are using a 1.0 Skin "skin=path/to/your/skin.swf" and If you are using a 2.0 Skin: skin=path/to/your/skin.zip this you would need to do manually it woulsd get placed in between the
<a href="player.swf" onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this, { objectType: 'swf', swfOptions: {version: '8', flashvars: { file: '&file=$file$&skin=path/to/your/skin.swf or xml/>
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Ok a look at the longtail site I found this..
If the skin has a swf file then you need to add this into the code If you are using a 1.0 Skin "skin=path/to/your/skin.swf" and If you are using a 2.0 Skin: skin=path/to/your/skin.zip this you would need to do manually it woulsd get placed in between the
<a href="player.swf" onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this, { objectType: 'swf', swfOptions: {version: '8', flashvars: { file: '&file=$file$&skin=path/to/your/skin.swf or xml/>
Thanks BF will try it out tomorrow...
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF;
Have tried but cannot get my head around it. When and if you have time can you email me a html with just the player and the skin "Bekle"
appreciate it.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Will do...try to get this to you tonight...off out to sort of a few things...
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Will do...try to get this to you tonight...off out to sort of a few things...
No problems...
bry

Post by bry »

Is there a demo with multiple thumbnails on a page??
I should have said for FLV.

thanks baconfries
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No sorry bry there is no demo...
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks, I will build one soon for everyone.
I will also work on a flash flv gallery.
bry

Post by bry »

Hi Baconfries,

I finally got some time and was studying your highslide extension in order to build a demo page of selectable FLVs. I need to ask some questions. I did read the associated help file. There are basically the image settings, the player settings and the main settings.

I want to create a demo page with say 12 thumbnails that play 12 different .FLVs. So I want say 8 thumbnails across the top (two rows of four), then the player beneath them - centered and let's say two thumbnails on either side of the player.

With the extension, I draw a rectangle. Is that just the player? How do I link the thumbnails to the player. I see the properties that can be defined in the extension but have not idea how the thumbnails relate to the player.

Can you shed some light on this for me?

Thanks much!!!
bry

Post by bry »

Hi BaconFries,

I never heard from you but I still would like to study your extension. I have been working on this...

http://www.TEST12/videoplayer/videoplayer.html
Last edited by bry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry bry had some home issues that I wont go into... I thought I still had your email as I used to get new letters from you but I must have lost it some how...love what you have down here very nice indeed :) if I can help you know I usually try my best again apoligises...
bry

Post by bry »

I'm sorry to hear about the "issues". You are always the best BaconFries, no apology necessary.

I would like to play with your extension but I just couldn't wrap my brain around how it worked. Specifically, I couldn't see how it allowed me to set up multiple thumbnails to relate to a video player. I got the extension, inserted it by drawing a box, and then checked properties to see how it works. That is about as far as I got in that I could see no way to hook thumbnails to the player.

thanks (and I hope things are better now).
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi bry check you email datbase you might see my address there as I have been recieving emails from your newsletter about spyware, virus's and how to fix avoid etc I dont like posting addy herr to many eyes....
bry

Post by bry »

Will I recognize it?? I have about 800 contacts for that newsletter. And my memory isn't that great.

Sorry, but you should see my email in that newsletter and can send me a fresh one so I will have it.
bry

Post by bry »

just send to my email address

I will edit this out as soon as I get your email
Last edited by bry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Email sent to you bry you can remove this now...
bry

Re: MULTI HighSlide JW Player DEMO

Post by bry »

I didn't take time to make it pretty. I just wanted to publish a demo of multiple highslide thumbnails to video. It is fairly simple. Just draw multiple highslide inserts. They can overlap. However, I discovered it is much easier if you draw out the highslide the same size as the thumbnail. It gives you a much better visual wysiwyg. And the extension allows you to size the thumbnail differently from actual. All my thumbnails were 200x300 but the default setting on the extension is 120x90 for the thumbnails and it automatically resized mine. However, I decided I wanted my larger thumbnails.

I didn't play with videos to take away black margins. But hopefully, you get the idea. You can have a page of thumbnails with just one video (or so it appears) - even though you have inserted many highslide extensions.

http://www.TEST12.info/folder1/multihighslidedemo.html

Thanks BaconFries!!!!
bry

Post by bry »

I hope it is obvious that you could have the whole page full of thumbnails and the appearance of just one video screen with a different video for each thumbnail. Naturally, you would size the thumbnails to divide equally into the page. In my case, I could have the page 900 wide with three thumbnails across (300x200) and if I wanted a page height of 1000, I would have thumbnails of 5 rows.

There is no need for any white space. The video goes away in between and you see the thumbnails. This is using BaconFries extension and nothing else is really needed. Well, if you want the videos to look nice and pretty (without black), you would create your FLVs with the right size (proportion).

Everybody understand? I hope so. Just ask if you don't.
DougalDragon

Re: HighSlide JW Player ***DEPRECATED***

Post by DougalDragon »

Is there anyway get this i need a video player will buffer the video to play it not wait video is fully DL to start playing?
BaconFries

Re: HighSlide JW Player ***DEPRECATED***

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry this extension is no longer available or supported and is now deprecated due to it requires the use of flash.