HighSlide Google Search ***Updated 27/12/09***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
supersonictt

Re: HighSlide Google Search ***Updated 27/12/09***

Post by supersonictt »

Hello guys :)

I would like to contribute to this topic as I too was suffering from "Search" requests from clients, and I had a long conversation with BaconFries regarding this thing.
It all started with IntraSite Search extension which I still INSIST ON making it work, as me and BaconFries had some issues, but I finally contacted the creator of the script and he offered help, but I am busy right now in building up some sites.
Anyways, I found a great solution for site search, it uses Google site search, jquery and AJAX... Here is the link:
http://tutorialzine.com/2010/09/google- ... ax-jquery/
As you can see in the demo, it uses the same page to show the results. Someone asked -in the comments section- about having the search box in one page, and the results on another page, and the code was given... Here is the link of this modification:
http://www.persephone-dragonfly.com/
Now if you type a word in the search box, the results will appear on another page. Nice, isn't it? :)

I am ready to make it as an extension (Sorry BaconFries if I am posting this thing here, hope you allow me :) ), but as I said before, am a bit busy with some work.
But anyway the script is easy to use and integrate into WWB, just have a look at it. And for the ones who need the results to open on another page, hit Ctrl+F and type "Anastatia" in the first link I provided. Thanks to her for providing the code :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@supersonictt hey thats cool I know of this script, i had started it as an extension myself, but as like you I been busy with other things. I was even looking at implenting into the highslde at the time I was considering it an an extension.Anyway no worries.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks BaconFries :) and it is good to know other members are working in new extensions ;)
As I said, once am free I will immediately start working on it :)