PayPal Mini Cart

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
zinc

Post by zinc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

kevinp wrote:Baconfries has sorted the position problem out for chrome and firefox and also added a few extras. He's put lot of work into the extension and I'll upload it later tonight when I get home.
Cheers Kevin & BF :D
Good news everyone! COVID-19 is STILL here!

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Awwww shucks you going to have me Image but yourImageImage

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 pm

A little later than promised but here is the new version of the extension as build by BacoFries. Hope you find it usefull.

Download at

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks guys great work.

One small request, the checkout page includes a paypal 'sign-up' section is it possible to go to the 'normal' checkout page instead?

Regards

Paul

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Afternoon uniformality dont know if this can be done, we have only used the original script by the author to build the extension and this is how he uses the script to display the checkout page using the javascript maybe kev can answer you more on this as he was the original builder of the extension I only gave input to help fix the cart position on page and added a couple of extras to enhance the extension...

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi uniformality. This behaviour happens because the 'cart' function has already happened on your web page so you effectively just visit the PayPal site to make the payment either by PayPal account (hence the log in) or by debit/credit card.

This is pretty much controlled by paypal so not 100% sure if what you're looking for is possible but I'll try out a few configerations and see what I can come up with.

mandrake

Post by mandrake » Thu May 06, 2010 5:12 am

Hello
Bravo for the important work done on this expansion!
Is it possible to create a quick tutorial for those like me who can not understand how to set this new expansion? :oops:
I tried all night to find the solution but I can not, my problem is with all options "Click to modify this property"
I am sure this plugin is installed because when I add a paypal button simple "add to cart", it works and the amount is displayed in the window of the paypal cart.
Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english language!

Best regards,
Mandrake.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu May 06, 2010 10:07 am

Bonjour Mandrake I will try to write a pdf tutorial later today or tonight to explain the new functions to the extension and hopefully this will explain it for you and other users.

mandrake

Post by mandrake » Thu May 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello BaconFries,

Thank you very much! :P

Best regards,

Mandrake.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu May 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Here is the pdf file that I hope will help users understand more of how the extension works and what the variables mean to the cart...ImageImage

http://www.mediafire.com/?zm4uqiumqme

mandrake

Post by mandrake » Fri May 07, 2010 8:36 am

Great!

Thank You Baconfries!

Best regards,

Mandrake.

mandrake

Post by mandrake » Fri May 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi,

I download the pdf twice without any problem....

Best regards,

Mandrake.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 am

Just ran a quick test to see what might be wrong, seems to show ok in all test browsers that I am using from IE6 to IE8 FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari do you have a url we can view just to see what may be wrong... you might wantto try this please enable the png fix see if the cures the missing arrow...

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Adding tax or shipping just set the input value for both example below shows shipping cost please note this will not get displeyed in the cart but will show at checkout....

Spacing you own buttons take a look at the line of code below the highlighted part in red you can increase the size ie 110px, 120px to space your own button....
<input type="image" src="images/view.jpg" align="top" style="position:absolute;left:100px;top:90px" border="0" name="submit" alt="view cart" class="button" value="View your cart" vspace="4">

Changing postion of text this would require redoing the form code in the extension to allow positioning that you need at this time I cant work on the extension to do this maybe at a later date or maybe Kevin can take a look at this if he has the time...

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 am

Yes but you will have to modify the minicart.js manualy to do this open the minicart.js file in any html.text editor and look for line
var shippingNotice = createElement('span', 'does not include shipping & tax', please note I havent tested removing this so I cannot say if this will effect how the cart works.... in place of the line of text you wish to remove you could add in its place.... "tax & shipping added at checkout"